All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the forum,you've probably been asked a thousand times before?
i have a corsa b 1.7 diesel (Isuzu) battery going flat after a few days,checked for charge with multi meter,only showing 12.6v when running,so i presume its not charging enough?,but battery light goes out once started and stays off.
when switch ignition on,battery light flickers a bit,and a clicking from drivers side kick panel,i presume this has a relay inside,should i change just the relay?,or will it be the alternator at fault as well?,thanks for any help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have found 2 relays inside the kick panel/drivers side/footwell

a green 1 that says 30amp,and a yellow that says 70 amp,can anybody tell me which is the charge relay if any?,thanks

·
Banned
885 Posts
Your problem is likely to be an alternator fault, but before you go any further, make a temporary connection between the main alternator terminal and the battery POSITIVE (+) terminal and re test with your multi-meter -You should be getting about 14 Volts.

If there is no improvement, link the small alternator terminal to the main terminal and again re-test. If still no improvement, the alternator needs either replacing or repairing.

Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.