All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone care to reel some off? Cheaper the better, although not a 50p resistor from ebay.

It's a 1.2 16v SXi engine.

Thanks <3

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
On a 1.2 you aint going to really notice much performance increase with out spending alot. A bigger air intake, to the original airbox, and a pipercross panel filter.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The answer to you question is basically no, if im right in guessing you want to spend less than £100 a time, then there is little you can do. especially with newer engines.

stuff like a cone filter and backbox wont do anything, best bet is to get a full system from the manifold back, modified standard airbox with and aftermarket filter but thats about it, but dont expect anything special,

If you really want performance, then you should be looking into more aggressive camshafts, head work (such as ported and polished) and aftermarket manifolds etc, but that isnt cheap, also performance chips and remaps are a more viable possibility on the newer shaped corsas

·
Registered
901 Posts
get it chipped and remapped by CC TUNING they do alot of custom remapping for max power and stuff they are very good :) made mine feel ALOT diffrent :p they also send off custom maps to germany and stuff they are good :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
On a 1.2 you aint going to really notice much performance increase with out spending alot. A bigger air intake, to the original airbox, and a pipercross panel filter.
he doesnt know what he is chatting most of them time, drop us a pm and i will give you a contact ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
he doesnt know what he is chatting most of them time, drop us a pm and i will give you a contact ;)
I think you find he is right and you dont know what your chatting about.

If it was for and early corsa b engines say a C12NZ you may be right, as you can use various nova parts and other cheap components off other vauxhalls.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Considering he said his car is a 1.2 sxi and in the drives box says it a C, therefore a relatively new engine, tell me what you can do to it to get good performance gains by NOT spending much?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tbh I'll probably leave it, I've just had a hefty bill anyway so can't afford anything, I'll save it for when I do it properly. I'm gona get hold of a hayabusa engine then get a diff that allows reverse gear (yes they do exist) and slot it all in somewhere. Don't expect any pics for a couple of years though ;). My friends dad designed and built his own Formula 750 racer so he's going to help with the design of it all etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can port your head pretty cheaply if your prepared to do it yourself. You can buy kits with all the tools need, as long as your careful and methodical should be fine. Can pick up bigger valves pretty cheap :)

All depends how good you are with D.I.Y, if you;re any good with a welder have a go at your own exhaust/manifold with some steel tubing ask around for the best length primaries and secondaries.

I'd go for an aftermarket panel filter and a cold air feed to the box from the grill somewhere next, cheap if you use black pvc plumbing stuff from B&Q.

Then get a remap done to take advantage of your ported engine which is breathing better, will make a big difference.

Ok its still not gonna be a match for 1.6L but will be torquier and smoother through the rev range.

After that you're only left teh expensive bottom end work which I wouldn't say was worth the money imho.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Can port your head pretty cheaply if your prepared to do it yourself. You can buy kits with all the tools need, as long as your careful and methodical should be fine. Can pick up bigger valves pretty cheap :)
You gotta know what you doing if you DIY port a head, it may be cheap but it isnt easy, you can f*ck up the flow characteristics so easier and just wreck you head completely, you cant just buy bigger valves either doesnt work like that. Its possible to polish the head, it just makes it a bit more free flowing by getting rid of all the carbon depsoits and getting rid of the casting imperfections in the ports etc, even then you gotta be careful doing that as you still need a bit of turbulence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
^ Agreed, you need to bench flow test it to check your porting. Not worth the bother unless you really know what you're doing IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts