All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i've been trying to get insured on a standard 2004 corsa c 1.2i design 16v and the cheapest so far is £3500 from adrian flux.
i have rung up so many companies now it's just becoming stupid.

I am 19 and passed in july 2010
Did Passplus in september
I live in manchester which aparently is the main factor to it being so expensive, aside from the fact i'm a new driver.

Realistically, am i going to get any cheaper than £3500?
because e-car gave me £10,174
elephant gave me £9900
Youchoose £5,885

direct line and aviva wont insure me
because i'm too young..

and i have forgotten who else i've rung but no one wants to insure me, it's becomming a bit of a chore, some direction would be nice!

thanks for your help

(looking for people in my situation and what prices they've paid, preferably in manchester or birmingham and what insurance they're with) thanks

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I'm paying £1900 for a 2004 sxi corsa, with 2 faut claims and an sp50 0years claims. Thats insured at my derbyshire address. Before i moved here the car was insure in south manchester and they wanted about £2600. so your price still seems steep. Although what i found was, the price changed depending on what time of the year i got the policy in, for example i bought mine in january, but if i had got it in august, it would of been a few hundred more.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've tried all the price comparison websites i can find, and they haven't even got as cheap as adrian flux at £3200 (original quote on my brother's corsa) i still need to ammend some details like being a member of this site and the discovery of an immobilizer and parking in the garage...

insuring at a different time of year isn't an option, but it's pretty interesting. they really don't make sense do they.. just as much as they can get out of us it seems :(

& with adrian flux the quote was £6000 with my mum as the named driver.

everything people suggest to get it cheaper has turned out more expensive for me!

thanks for your help everyone, much appreciated

·
Registered
543 Posts
try endsleigh. if still no good, try quotes for a corsa B. Newer cars tend to cost more to insure then older cars. ifs its a lot cheaper then you know why, if theres not much difference then you are unfortunate to be living in that postcode.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
morethan, if you're keeping it standard

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Or.....heres an alternative....worth a shot i guess......pay the high premiums due to being yound, living in a high area and having a relatively new car, and being brand new to driving?

That will not only be the straight and legit way without having to try and bend some details to get it cheaper, but, it will stop other people getting higher premiums in the future and also it's the way its meant to be done

Nothing wrong with trying to get cheaper insurance, but please please please dont lie about things on your policy like named drivers who are actually main drivers or named drivers that wont even use the car, or saying its parked elsewhere at night ect.

Not saying nothing bad about you, but high premiums suck, but thats life.

Anyways, try Co-Op the are good for young inexperienced drivers

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Or.....heres an alternative....worth a shot i guess......pay the high premiums due to being yound, living in a high area and having a relatively new car, and being brand new to driving?

That will not only be the straight and legit way without having to try and bend some details to get it cheaper, but, it will stop other people getting higher premiums in the future and also it's the way its meant to be done

Nothing wrong with trying to get cheaper insurance, but please please please dont lie about things on your policy like named drivers who are actually main drivers or named drivers that wont even use the car, or saying its parked elsewhere at night ect.

Not saying nothing bad about you, but high premiums suck, but thats life.

Anyways, try Co-Op the are good for young inexperienced drivers
Theres nothing wrong with that, iirc Tim said before, it doesn't really matter if they don't use the car if they're a NAMED driver, they may need to use it in an emergancy or something though, and if an emergancy occured and someone needed to use the car to get somewhere they are insured to drive it.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yeah valid point it just annoys the bejebus out of me when people purposley do it PURELY to get cheaper insurance. I work with someone who has their grandad as a named driver who lives a few hundred miles away who she doesnt see and has on her insurance that is kept in a locked garage at his address.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Yeah valid point it just annoys the bejebus out of me when people purposley do it PURELY to get cheaper insurance. I work with someone who has their grandad as a named driver who lives a few hundred miles away who she doesnt see and has on her insurance that is kept in a locked garage at his address.
yeah thats fair enough, if they live no where near then it is stupid.
and i really dont see the point in lieing about where its parked, if they insurance come out to check a claim im sure they would notice there is no garage :laugh:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
My mum is a named driver on mine.
Yes the main reason was to make it cheaper, but you'd have to be stupid not to do it. Because it has been useful, she's had to move my car before when I've been out and she borrowed it once when it was in the garage. I didn't know this would happen when I did it.
But it made my insurance cheaper AND I knew she could drive it if she ever needed to?
Does this make me the spawn of Satan then?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I see on an insurance program once, sombody got their car stolen and had on their policy that it was kept on a driveway.
When they came out, they said 'Erm, wheres your driveway?'
He took a 2 minute walk to another street where there were a block of garages and pointed in front of his garage and simply said 'there'

They said they wont pay out because its not a driveway at his home like he said it was. Stupid mistake really

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just bought the car so i can't change that..

tries direct line, the online quote didn't work because it came to such a high price, they wont do it, i remember ringing them up and saying they don't sell the insurance if it comes to over £5000 same with quinn and i remember endsleigh wasn't as cheap as adrian flux.

looks like i am going to have to pay about £3300 i think

i don't mind, it'd just be nice to have it under £3000, since it seems no one else has paid more than i've been quoted, feeling a bit foolish for not shopping around enough?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
My mum is a named driver on mine.
Yes the main reason was to make it cheaper, but you'd have to be stupid not to do it. Because it has been useful, she's had to move my car before when I've been out and she borrowed it once when it was in the garage. I didn't know this would happen when I did it.
But it made my insurance cheaper AND I knew she could drive it if she ever needed to?
Does this make me the spawn of Satan then?
lol not at all mate.
It might be because since an early age I have been completely independant and dont have any parents to put as named drivers that I get the ******** about it all. I have to pay full price because i dont have the luxury of parents being named drivers, but everyone else that I know does it purely to get it cheaper. Some have even put themselves as named drivers and their parents never even drive the car and they aint allowed to see each other by court order.

Just upsets me thats all.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I added my parents, didn't go down at all, done it as im parked in a shared space between 2 houses( we are semi dettached) and sometimes, neighbour needs access when I'm not home..

1 - 20 of 34 Posts