All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my corsa for a few months now and one of things I noticed when i bought it was the amount of chips on the bonnet. So in good old DIY fashion I have attempted to sort it out this weekend.

I bought a chip repair kit from halfords and away I went. I laid down the primer, wet papered it back, this left the surrounded area greyed (my car is black sapphire), ok the paint will sort that out. I have wet papered the paint back.

Now i am left with grey, dull patch that is like 20x bigger than the original chip! Do i need to paint over this area? The crappy sponge you get in the kit does nothing. I feel as though if I paint it again the area is going to get bigger when I sand it back. What should i do?

I have looked at the how-to guide but really gives me no obvious indication on how to fix this mess.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
sound slike you have made a bit of a mess get a few spray cans andredo the hole bonnet as you will have to teacut the hell out of the nbonnet to get the faded colour back better fo respraying the hole bonnnet mate

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Sounds like the paint needs buffing to me. Youve done everything right as thats what a sprayer would do. Now the paint is flatted it needs buffing to bring it black again but unless you have a polisher your going to struggle. These kits are a waste of time if you ask me as it never looks right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah bugger, I bought some T-cut last night so hopefully it will save it. I think what I can see is micro-marring, I guess the surrounding paint will get scratched since I am using wet paper.

I just need some god weather now to finish the job.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Doubt tcut will do much to be honest. Take it to a garage and ask them to buff it for you. Takes literally 2 mins with a rotary polisher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts