All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. First of all, great website! I'm Caulkie from the Isle of Man. I have a wee problem with my 1998 1.2 corsa, and I'm hoping that someone might be able to help. The car every now and then, will just gas up and run lumpy. After revving it, it will clear itself, via a plume of black smoke emmanating from the exhaust. However, it will run a fast idle of about 1500rpm. This will continue until it will gas up again. The only cure I found is, to let it run idly until the cooling fan kicks in. Then it will run and idle sweet for a couple of days. I've already taken it to my local garage who put it on a diagnostics machine, and found nothing wrong. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Regards, Caulkie.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I'm a bit old fashioned and not sure what 'gassing up' means, but the fact that it throws out BLACK smoke means that there is either too much fuel or not enough air.

Is the servicing up to date? If you are not sure, a FULL service (including new plugs and air filter) might sort your problem.

You could also try disconnecting the air mass meter an see if there is any improvement - if there is, a new one is probably required.

You could also try cleaning the throttle body by LIGHTLY spraying the inside of it with carb cleaner.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.