All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I bought and installed a cigarette lighter for the car and ran new wiring into the fusebox for it.

The Haynes manual says the cigarette lighter runs off 20amp fuse with the reverse light and heated seats.

I am running the lighter with a 20 amp fuse with nothing else attached.

The fuse keeps blowing and I put a 30amp in there.
It worked and popped out, but couldnt light a cigarette off it as it wasnt hot enough. I put it back in and this caused my earth cable to melt, granted, it was a stupid idea and the car filling up with smoke was annoying

(Oh my god, i just heard some twat on X-Factor, but thats irrelivant to this post)

Can someone tell me what fuse they have on there lighter and what guage wiring they have? I dont have the connector in the loom so had to run my own.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fuse? Are you serious?!
Maybe its just me and with my experiences with electricity but I would never run it without a fuse :eek:

Anyways, I just changed to different cable and loosened the clips in the socket, all seems good now though :)

·
Registered
588 Posts
yeah it never had a cig lighter as standard and was wanting just a quick fix ,the spade connecters on the back of the cig lighter have no chance of coming loose and the conection on the battery is pretty secure also so its no problem really.was just lazy that day or i would have wired it to the fuse box or put a fuse on the wire somewhere but i dont use it that much and works great so will do for now glad you got it sorted tho

·
Registered
807 Posts
AJ mate, Dont know whether you have sorted it, but before I found I had the loom for the Cig lighter taped up, I used some 24Amp? Cable from Halfords, and ran it to Fuse 3 the one that operates the rear window de mister. Never blew the fuse atall.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up taking the fusebox out mate. I think the cig lighter is meant to be wired to bottom row 3rd one in but the wiring isnt there mate. Im convinced that the connector isnt in the loom, so I ran some hefty cable into a spare fuse socket and put my own fuse in there, all good so far :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ended up taking the fusebox out mate. I think the cig lighter is meant to be wired to bottom row 3rd one in but the wiring isnt there mate. Im convinced that the connector isnt in the loom, so I ran some hefty cable into a spare fuse socket and put my own fuse in there, all good so far :)
Awesome mate :) Yeah, I used some nice thick cable and put an inline fuse connector in to be safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
title

Yes, guys, in cigarettes there is a problem of lightning but in vape pods there is no need to lighten the pod. I like GV Lit weed vaporizer which is Cannabis odorless vaporizer. It is a portable dry herb vaporizer with a combustion-free baking method. The GV Lit features integrated 2500mAh battery, ceramic chamber, and digital control.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts