All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have seen posts where people have said you can have a light spray hose on your engine bay. What parts of the corsa C do I need to cover with cling film?

I assume the battery and fuse box - any other parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I wouldn't bother.

What's benefits are you going to get?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
many people claim to have pressure washed their engines bays and say they have had no problems but i really advise against that, the best way is to use a old rag and some engine cleaner stuff and give it all a good wipe down :)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I wouldn't bother.

What's benefits are you going to get?
many people claim to have pressure washed their engines bays and say they have had no problems but i really advise against that, the best way is to use a old rag and some engine cleaner stuff and give it all a good wipe down :)
Agree with both posts. But I have been know too tackle the dark realms of my corsa c engine bay with a reduced pressure washer. But wouldn't say to anyone it's a good idea.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yes, but your engine is different mate! It's not standard has all been cleaned up really nice hoses nice touches etc, and could open at shoes etc and load a people would appreciate it.

What's point doing a standard engine that's running fine, that's nobody is going to see? Is just asking for unnecessary problems

Reactions: tanktop

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will just use some multipurpose in warm water and some rags. I'm not wanting to get it gleaming but just get rid of the grime around the bonnet opener and clean it up a bit.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I always have the engine looking clean. Makes the car look nice when it's time to sell, and shows it's been looked after hence increasing the asking price a tad. Just OCD I think.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I always have the engine looking clean. Makes the car look nice when it's time to sell, and shows it's been looked after hence increasing the asking price a tad. Just OCD I think.
its true if someone is looking at a car and notices that even the normally dirty spots, engine, door jams and stuff like that are nice and clean it does give the person a better feeling about the car

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Or looks like they're hiding a problem.

They will soon tell f you know about cars, then will be asking themselves why would joe blogs clean an engine? How many of your neighbours do it

·
Registered
590 Posts
yea, that can happen as well. My dad told me 12 years ago when i got my first car to never trust an extremely clean engine as they are probably trying to hide leaks.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Exactly. So as above then..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hate to say it but I never bothered with any Vx... did it with the alfa with a weak hose and set a few EML lights off though!

·
Registered
223 Posts
i too dont agree with PWing the engine, i prefer just to wipe down

however if youre feeling brave, just cut up a black bin liner and tape up accordingly any electrical parts like sensors or fuses, and the battery, etc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nothing will happen. I am a car valeter, and washing cars more than two years. Spraying all engine bay with T.F.R and wash with jet wash. Just you need to make sure your engine is running. After wash, leave engine running for 10 minutes and later just dry it :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Use the Green tin of gunk on hard to move grease and oil. The green tub claims to be safe on plastics, rubbers, etc. So electrics, mounts, etc won't be affected.

once lightly applied and left for 5 minutes, scrub with damp sponge, and wipe off excess with a second clean damp sponge.

This way you're avoiding spraying water everywhere, using too harsh chemicals. Then use Trim wax or whatever on plastics, such as the fusebox, airbox, etc. But will need to check that the wax is not flamable or anything, before applying to anywhere that gets warm.

I jet wash my car from the outside, because I couldn't really gice a fcuk about the paintwork. I always leave the car running. Same with motorbikes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts