All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Seen that before, imo it seems a bit excessive but if thats what he enjoy's doing then good luck to him in doing it. The end result are good though and I would love to see it in the flesh.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
IT is slightly excessive but look at that finish! That is definately the cleanest car ive ever seen!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I wouldnt mind getting some of that foam stuff that he has on the car at the start, just because it looks fun lol.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's awesome and worth the effort if the car is something worth while doing.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
it does look good in the end but it seems a tad too much. imgine how terrified you would be of getting a stone chip! has anyone seen the pisstake of that? they've done it with an anorak! :laugh:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with mwncidrwg it is far too excessive and you would be scared of going out - I do a simple wash and it makes me mad going out and all your hard works gone down the pan as it's normally dirtier than before lol

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Thing is with the way he has detailed it, when it gets dirty all he will need to do is give it a quick wash and it will still be as clean as it is now.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
nerd?! its only a bloody astra! for a everyday car that is just stupid!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
nerd?! its only a bloody astra! for a everyday car that is just stupid!
I know what your meaning about it only been an astra, thats why I said it was a bit to excessive but end of the day if that is his hobby then why not do it to any car he drives, whether it is an everyday car or not.
Its like us modifying corsas, end of the day they are only corsas but its what we enjoy.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
it's a very expensive hobby IMO. the wax he used (zymol royale) cost over £7000. most people couldn't tell the difference between that car and one that had been cleaned with ordinary stuff.

·
Registered
331 Posts
it's a very expensive hobby IMO. the wax he used (zymol royale) cost over £7000. most people couldn't tell the difference between that car and one that had been cleaned with ordinary stuff.
it may be £7000 but bear in mind it comes with free refills for life you have unlimited of the stuff, so use it regulaly and over a few years it probably works out the same as normal wax, you could even charge to apply it on other people's cars ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Somebody buy him a girlfriend.

EDIT: Seems he is actually a car detailer by profession, in which case fair play. It does look rather good. However, why bother doing it to an Astra?

EDIT 2: It isn't his profession, get out more. Or clean mine.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I cant see why everyones giving the guy so much stick for it, end of the day if you enjoy something whether it be detailing your car or staggering home on a saturday night with a kebab and a *****r, its what you enjoy. Fair point its only an astra, but I know most people on this site want to make there car look as good as possible. Also with how good his car is going to be kept when it comes time to sell the car, it will be sold like new and I bet he gets a good price for it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I cant quite believe the amount of effort put into that, i give him a lot of respect for doing it, and if thats what he likes doing with his time then thats great. Wonder if he would like to do mine, he would have to work around the rust patches LOL :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
if your going to do it for a show preperation then fair enough. but if its jsut going to be driven around bit ott imo

does look mint tho

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thats unbelievable, i wouldnt dear to drive it after that! Could you class that as OCD? lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts