All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a stereo in my car at present and would really love to see the clock/temp etc working in my centre console. Is there any way to wire the console so it works without a headunit?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It should work without a headunit anyway shouldn't it?
Have you checked to see if it is connected?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As far as I was aware, it only works with a headunit attached?? Maybe I'm thinking of the RDS.

I'll check the loom is connected...one of my wires is broken where the head unit should be so I'm guessing maybe a crappy head unit install (or frantic uninstall) may have broken it....fingers crossed.

Is it just 2 screws behind the centre vents I need to undo?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That's not good news....chances are mine is kaput then. Too dark now but will check tomorrow. My interior light needs sorting as well as the glovebox light. I suspect this is going somewhere......

EDIT: ie. I've checked the bulbs already.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Take it out and take it apart, check to make sure the connector is soldered ok as the solder joint fractures...

We might have a spare mfd at the back of the garage some where...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At daybreak tomorrow Laura I'll get it out and have a look (the MFD that is) and if it's knackered I'll buy that one off you :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
At daybreak!? blimey your keen lol i shant be home from work till half 2 so dont rush :laugh:

And the mfd isnt easily grabbable so you'll have to bear with me :eek:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car is babied Laura, and I don't like the little things that need doing to not get done so I try and stay on top of things ;)

I have a shortlist of things that need doing and this isn't that important...just annoying :laugh:

·
Registered
497 Posts
That's not good news....chances are mine is kaput then. Too dark now but will check tomorrow. My interior light needs sorting as well as the glovebox light. I suspect this is going somewhere......

EDIT: ie. I've checked the bulbs already.
Have you checked the fuse? My mates head unit wouldnt work in his metro, neither would his interior light.......he found the fuse for the interior light was blown so he changed it, interior light worked again and the head unit sprung into life too! Maybe its the same on corsas? If the bulbs are fine, it could be that, also those kind of things would be connected to the same fuse too I imagine.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The courtesy light, hazards and horn are all on the same fuse as far as I know. Both my horn and hazard lights work fine and I've replaced the courtesy bulb. Will have to buy some fuses methinks....a few things to sort out electrically in my interior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts