All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Corsa:palm: B

I tried today to solve this prob by following the helpful advice given on the site. I snipped wire 7 (grey/black) thinking I would solve but I just lost the clock/date display as soon as the ignition went on.

The aftermarket vaux stereo has gradually causing the clock to lose it's time when it causes the flickering. So it needed sorting.

I am not too bothered about seeing what station the radio is tuned to on the MFD, but I would like the clock to keep the correct time.

Can I bypass the MFD completely and just connect a "live and earth" to the radio from a separate source? Surely that will solve the problem??

Then the MFD will function as normal won't it?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Flickering could be into going on and off rather than bulbs.
Unit going off will reset the time.

Radio won't be causing the flickering, it's either dodgy wiring somewhere or another pribkem

·
Banned
885 Posts
A suggestion. Check all of the local connections, it could simply be due to a bad connection problem caused by the vibration from the speakers.

Regards.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didn't think of that. Thanks. will try. I thought it just may be easier to wire a clean supply to the radio to stop the MFD slowing the clock. Its fine until radio is used. Wiring connections seem ok

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
my mfd used to flicker with after market sony HU everytime i used to hit a bump etc. really odd. Had to remove 3 wires from the plug and worked fine after that.

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I removed some at the weekend, It stopped it flickering but I lost the temp display,

I guess I just have to decide what I can live without. The clock or the radio

·
Banned
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That would really help me..thanks. I've clearly not snipped the right ones then.

Heyyy.... I have sussed it out and know which wire to cut now !

It's the red/grey one behind the MFD. It's stopped flickering now when the radio is used.

The clock no longer runs slow and loses time !! YAHOOOOOOOOOO !!

I have decided to refit all the dash components using VELCRO this time instead of screws, for instant dismantling and no swearing next time any bulb blows ! (lol)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Don't crimp them, join them properly

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Solder and crimp :/

Solder with heatshrink over it is best.
Solder with insulation tape around it is fine.

Not sure how your suggested way could work tbh, never heard of it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts