All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ALL, wonder if anyone else has had this problem and might be more mechanically minded than myself, and may be able to offer some reliable advice or solution, please?.

I have a 56 plate Vauxhall Corsa Combo van. 1.3 diesel.

My clutch pedal started to feel loose a day or so ago, and when the pedal was released there was a rattle type noise from under there somewhere. I took the panel off under the dash to expose the pedals in the footwell, and noticed that the clutch switch has been pushed out of the hole in the metal bracket that surrounds the clutch pedal. I tried to push the clutch switch back in place, but when the clutch pedal raises it pushes the switch back out the hole. The gears are crunching like hell now, so just parked up and van is now off road til I can get it sorted. Thing is, I'm a gas engineer and I desperately need my van, plus it's the only transport I have and my good lady had to bus it to work yesterday. Not good. Anyone have any ideas, please?.

Many thanks for all help.

David

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there, i am trying to think what that switch is for, do you have to push the clutch down to start the car, maybe a safety device when starting up, regardless of that it shouldn't have anything to do with the gears going in, i believe you have a master cylinder and a slave cylinder, so its hydraulic...i don't think its a cable...worth a look under the bonnet, if so you might have air in the system or a mechanical fault at the gearbox end....i think that switch is either secured with a clip or you push it in and turn it....from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys, much appreciated. I'll try pushing in and turning it. It's a square hole and a square shaped switch one way, and kinda rectangle the other. It has a little electrical connector at the top. I'm not experienced in car, just boilers and print machines lol. Much appreciated. Thank you.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Thank you guys, much appreciated. I'll try pushing in and turning it. It's a square hole and a square shaped switch one way, and kinda rectangle the other. It has a little electrical connector at the top. I'm not experienced in car, just boilers and print machines lol. Much appreciated. Thank you.
could take a pic of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts