All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I want to colour code my bumpers, wheel arches and door handles. Was wondering roughly how much this would cost me?
Has anyone had this done and could tell me how much it cost and where they got it done?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I'd say 80-£100 if you do yourself, as you need quite few can of each for each of your bumpers alone,

I say for bumpers alone you need (going by halfords prices)

3 x primer - £21
4 x paint - £22
2/3 x Laquer 14/21

Thats without other bits and problems if you do yourself, with them bits IMO easier to go to a bodyshop, and better finish, arches and mirrors could probably do for £20 - £30

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
£200 £300 I rekon, would expect a top knotch job though

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
How much do you reckon it would be at a body shop? A lot? I'd want the bumpers, wheel arches and door handles done.
Thanks.
I paid £200 for front and rear bumpers and a set of four arches :)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
can get primer from poundland shops used it other day seemed to be fine and got gloss black for around £2.50 from euro car parts same rough price for lacquer there worth a check then wet and dry paper 2.50 for assorted paper from halfords but as said need a lot to cover all bumpers and arches and door handles

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anything from 90 quid to 300 quid for a proper colour coding.
I was quoted 80, but he quoted that he wont be sanding any of the plastics.
make sure you see their work before hand and make sure they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
youd need to use plastic primer though
i didnt with my heaterpanel used this £1 primer says nothing about plastic on it but done it and seems fine to me :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.