All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning All

I am new to the forum and not particularly knowledgable about cars in general; but I have browsed around the web for various things in the past and thought it might be better to find a community like yours :)

I have a question, or to be more precise looking for comments on the quote I was given for my Corsa following a service at an Vauxhall Service Centre.

My car is a Corsa SXI 2007 (1.2 Engine). Just shy of 40k Miles, I drive mostly motorways for my 40 mile commute.

Following my service they said some items were "Red" on the review. There were obvious ones like Front Brake Pads which I have since had fixed.

But I have been told I need to replace both Wheel Bearing and have been quoted 280 pounds and 185 pounds respectively for them.

Looking around the internet this seems a lot higher than people are suggesting it should be, is that the case? Also Is this something that needs to be changed on a car immediately or will it not cause any risk of danger when driving?

I am not looking at doing it myself; as I know nothing about mechanics. Just looking for feedback on the quoted cost?

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's 4 wheel bearings in a car, do you mean having all 4 changed? IIRC Vauxhall charge about £99 per bearing, so you can see how much labour would be.
Hi Mikezs thanks for your reply.

The service sheet just said "Both" so I presumed there was one at the back and one at the front.

If they do mean all 4 then that might explain the cost @99 EA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.