All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to now wire my halo rings into my sidelights bt i'm so confused about it....

I need two of these:

Which the site says:

We recommend using a wire clamp or tap, it is the easiest, fastest and safest way of doing this, they can be found at most auto part or electrical stores. Basically it is a small clamp were to put two different wires together and close down on a locking clamp. It properly connects the two wires together without any cutting of any of the wires yourself.

If you cannot find or get any of these clamps, you do have other options. But the general rule is to somehow connect or tap into your vehicles wiring harness to connect the halo wires properly.
Where can I get these? What are he oter options?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Think they're called scotch blocks IIRC.
The other option is to just hardwire them into your sidelight loom. By that I mean solder them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
halfords mate i use them for connecting speakers etc,they come in two colours red and blue to represent different voltages they can handle. they are about £2 for 20, not sure about the alternatives,just remember to insulate were the join is made via tape or hosing.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cheers i'll grab some of them tomorrow?

what voltage ones do i need then do you know?

Also one last thing, can I take them back out again no problem if i make sue i insulate the wires if i wanna put standards in sometimes?

·
Registered
224 Posts
yes no problem to take them out , i believe you want the blue ones mate. but it does tell you the voltage on the front of the packaging.:D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the block things today! yep blue ones workeda treat was really easy to wire up the halo's too, will get some pics later!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they were really easy and I wanted to have it so that standards could go back in easy as well if i sold it or wanted standards for any reason!

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah i can, just re wired the plug back on, much better connection, but if they work then thats fine..

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first time i've ever done anything to do with wiring or electricals so im chuffed! I admit it's a better connection and if it does begin to fail a lot i will consider doing it properly but i'd have to get some help....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts