All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have recently started paying for our corsa from a friend, it has mot til may and new tax on for 6 months, i am paying £377 in total for it on a 1999 V plate, so far paid £50 for first payment as they want a steady income coming in and had been advertising for weeks and no sale.

Now my problem is she has quiet a bit of rust which i have sanded and primed ready to respray, but my main concern is the dipstick snapped off and won't come out with the bolt method, so i found a cheap garage who will change my oil, filter, sump plug and gasket all for £60, but on top of that the new dipstick cost £10 and she is misfiring been told it maybe a broken spark, and smokes like a trooper when she is in the red and smells like gasket burning. :confused: the head has been tested and its fine.

So do i pay for repairs or give it back to my friend and say I'm not paying no more?

I do have mechanical background as i did it at college but tbh its too much hard work lol.

Any sensible answers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Well the rust was there when you bought it, so that's nobody's fault but your own. If dipstick snapped in your possession then it's also your fault. If didn't happen while you had it, then you should have looked properly when buying. Buy a new set of plugs or look at what you have...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well the rust was there when you bought it, so that's nobody's fault but your own. If dipstick snapped in your possession then it's also your fault. If didn't happen while you had it, then you should have looked properly when buying. Buy a new set of plugs or look at what you have...
yep obviously nothing you can do with rust but sort like we have, but the dipstick was snapped when we got it off our mate but apparently its a common fault when i googled it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
So why didn't you notice this? If you bought of a person you didn't know would you expect them to take it back?

You've started sanding car and treating for rust, you can't expect person to take it back.

Way I see it is, your problem.

Reactions: Michael [PD]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So why didn't you notice this? If you bought of a person you didn't know would you expect them to take it back?

You've started sanding car and treating for rust, you can't expect person to take it back.

Way I see it is, your problem.
Obviously not read the post correctly its my friends car! and i collected it at night thats why I'm thinking they have screwed us over all i want is a sensible answer is it worth spending money on or just giving back which they said i can do if i want.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Our corsa from a friend - so you bought it off somebody you knew?

I am answering sensibly, I don't see anybody else bothering,.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yes, and so my reply still stands the same. I've read and understood it fine

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You obviously want the answer "take it back" so here you go

Take it back

/I'm out.

Reactions: Michael [PD]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You obviously want the answer "take it back" so here you go

Take it back

/I'm out.
no i don't i want sensible answers like ''pay the money the car is worth it'' or ''i wouldn't personally pour money into it as its trouble'' or ''personally i wouldn't have took it in the first place'' or ''corsas are good once repairs are done'' the way i see your replys aren't really helpful to be honest, I've had more help over in the technical section.

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
The replies you got ARE sensible.
You know what you've bought, you clearly aren't happy with what you've bought.

You're a big girl so I'm sure you can make up your mind and come to your own sensible solution.

As Vegas said...Take it back

1 - 11 of 11 Posts