All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth getting a cool running thermostat on a c20xe? i do sit in alot of traffic.

·
Registered
389 Posts
just make it a cool runner your self by opening it up or shutting it which ever is cooler , it depends wether you come out to play at night , even if you sit in traffic during day ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd say it's best to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
id say dont bother ive got one and its more a pain than anything else, what to do is use a fan switch from a 1200/1400 corsa b as it comes in earlier so arround 80/90 the fan will cut in and cool it nice and early, other then the 2.0 switch which comes in at just over 100, the cool running thermostat does work but give you **** heaters cause the temp downt get up as high, i used the 1200 switch on my first conversion and also the one ive got just now and never had any problems at all

d

·
Registered
79 Posts
my 1.2 cuts in at just over 100, i always thought this was normal.do u think i should get a new switch??im sure it got replaced along with my radiator

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
my 1.2 cuts in at just over 100, i always thought this was normal.do u think i should get a new switch??im sure it got replaced along with my radiator
It is normal. It's meant to cut in at 100 and cool it down to around 95 if not cooler. That's a fact from my old Mechanics Lecturer who used to work at Vauxhall :thumbs_up: .

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'm sure there are variations.
Reason I say it's a fact is many years ago when I got my first corsa, I did a full service on it with the help of my college lecturer.
We changed absolutely everything that could be changed. He then advised me to let it idle until the fan kicked in.
I got a bit worried when it went to 100 but he said that's what they are meant to do, and what do you know, in kicked the fan.

Same with when it had the 1.6 engine in, and exactly the same on my 1.6 sport that I have now. Fan kicks in at 100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts