All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi again,

My awesome Corsa is not well and I am hoping that one the many engine geniuses here could help me out.

Last night I noticed my temperature gauge shot up but the fans were blowing cold, for an instance there was a sound of a pump whirring, almost like the screen-wash pump started but deeper, so I checked the coolant and the reservoir was empty, so I topped it up. This evening I found that the reservoir was empty again, so I topped it up again, a few miles later it was empty...again.

Anyways, got home tonight filled the coolant and ran the engine for a bit and found a little leak here.

Now I am not really sure what this area of the engine is or does, maybe someone could educate me?

The coolant was bubbling and seemed to be leaking quite steadily, not pouring though. I had also put some cardboard under the car and the coolant seemed to leaking below this area only.

Now I had a little poke around, to feel for moisture and then this happened...

What could have caused this? A google search on coolant leaks always points towards cracked heads and other bad things, i'm hoping this is just a corroded pipe or something.

Cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
you need to very very carefully drill out the part remaining in the metal, without killing the catsing, and order the bolt in part from vaux, then fit it and all will be well.

Reactions: hybridsnyper

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you need to very very carefully drill out the part remaining in the metal, without killing the catsing, and order the bolt in part from vaux, then fit it and all will be well.
Wicked, I'll give that a go first thing tomorrow, hopefully it will not be too much bother.

Any ideas what could of caused this? Just seems a little out of the blue.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Coolant leaking for ages, making it weak hence the loose join, you touching it snapped it completly. Just one those things mate

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
/\ what he said, plus its plastic it goes brittle anyway. a little ptfe tape on the parts threads before screwed in will help too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.