All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,my daughter has had to top up coolant last few days.. 55 Corsa 1.2 Twinport ,also she has noticed smoke/steam thru heater vents?? Any ideas,thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks rustic. Took car down to a local mechanic yesterday,he confirmed the matrix was leaking so he by-passed it. Well anyway,my daughter used the car in the evening,but reported that she noticed steam and water loss again:confused:
I checked it today after work,and noticed that one of the pipes he'd used had a split in it:mad: Anyway,I seem to have sorted it now by using one of the original hoses to the heater,and one of the pipes ha had fitted. Joined them with a piece of metal pipe. Taken it for a spin,temp seems ok.. 80-90. Will check again later,then re-fill with anti-freeze mix in the next few days. She will just have to manage without warm air till she has matrix changed. I'm tempted to try rad-weld or a similar product?
Any of you guys had any success fixing a leaking matrix this way?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.