All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have a corsa b ls 1.2, it has an mot on tuesday, as i just passed my test wensday :D , when you leave it ticking over i noticed the temp needle just about to go on the red(i just had changed the temp sensor as it didnt work) so i bridged the gap on on the fan switch and it worked, so i bough a new fan switch and fitted it, same problem, my dad felt the rad and it burnt his finger :p. we plugged in the old switch and put a blow tourch to the end, and the fan fired up, now im really confused :confused::confused:
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had exactly the same thing happen to me mate, I fitted a new switch as the fan didnt work (did work when bridged he connector), fitted the old one back in and now its working fine! The plug connector must not have been on properly or the connections were poor to begin with.

I took the blue (might be green) rubber bit out of the connector to make sure the connections were tight against the switch, havent had a problem since.

If its working now then just monitor it to check its ok.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
This is pretty common. On most Corsas the fan doesn't kick in until the needle is very near the red area. It scares a lot of folks. Some people rig an over-ride switch for when they are stuck in traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts