All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While attempting to replace a cracked rear coil spring, I noticed a disturbing amount of corrosion on the pivot which joins the suspension to the chassis. The weld on the first picture, in particular, looks like it could give way just by sneezing hard on it. Should I be worried about this?

·
Banned
147 Posts
Painting is a good idea long term .Personally I would put it through its next mot before painting.Its more reassuring to know it can pass as it is.If a coat of paint makes the difference between a fail and a pass (and it might) thats not much of a safety margin.Many testers prefer to assess good honest rust and may accept this as quite normal.An obvious new coat of paint,or especially underseal, is potentially covering lethal faults.They might wrongly pass something unsafe or play safe and fail something that need not have been. Its less obvious if you paint lots of other parts at the same time,especially if they have time to mellow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.