All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was hoping someone could help me diagnose this intermittent fault I am having with my Vauxhall Corsa 2004 1.0i 12V Energy?

I took a video of the fault here:

But, basically every time I take my car out, it does the following 10-15 times over a 10 minute period of the journey:

• The Engine temporarily looses power
  • The speedometer and rev meter dramatically drop
  • The engine electronics warning light flashes on
  • The Exhaust warning light remains on for 1-2 seconds

To get power back, I take my foot off the accelerator for a second and then the warnings disappears and the speedometer/rev meter return to normall. Once it's had it's 10 minute freak out, it runs fine for the rest of the journey...

A guy from the RAC ran a diagnostics test recently on my car, but nothing showed, he said probably because the problem is intermittent - it didn't see any issue. My car is 2004 with 70,000 miles on the clock, a full service history and no modifications to it.

Sorry about the video quality, but if anyone has any idea what it could be I'd be really grateful!

Adam

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The Corsa C has a known issue with the connection behind the instrument cluster. Usually it shows as intermittent instrument failure, but it can lead to power loss and in some case non-starting. (There is a feedback speed sensor in the speedo so when that drops it causes the ECU to misread.)

Yours is not typical of that problem, but it's worth checking. Sometimes a firm push on the instrument panel makes a temporary fix - but it needs making secure if that is the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey taurus,

Interestingly I took it into the garage and an auto-electrician fitted an extra earth wire to the ECU that seemed to fixed that problem. Perhaps I should try removing that extra wire ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts