All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Not sure if anyone can help?
To cut a long story short my sons Corsa had a problem with the timing cover gasket that allowed water into the oil - we discovered this when the top end went noisy.

We have removed the dump and cleaned out all the "jellied" oil, cleaned the oil filter housing - whilst the timing cover was off I changed the chain and tensioner, removed the camshafts and checked for wear on the cam, rockers and tappers (there is a small amount of wear but nothing bad) built back up fresh oil (GM) new filter and fired up. The engine is still noisy as hell and upon taking the cams out again it appears that the inlet side is not getting oil (tappers still soft etc)
We have great oil pressure when checked at the head (oil pressure switch removed) but still low pressure to the inlet can - I suspect there must be a blockage due to the jellied old oil does anybody know how the oil galleries run in the head or if there's anything common to look for? I have checked in Vauxhall service information but there's nothing about the oil galleries ??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not good news.I think your best bet is to remove the head.Once removed you will see a half moon cut out in the head casting,this is the start of oil delivery.I would then remove the camshafts and poke a wire through each oil feed hole,and then from the furthest point blow through each one working back towards the start of delivery.I would put a light coloured cloth over the the delivery entrance to see if anything is blown out.Cant think of much else you can try.

·
Banned
885 Posts
I agree with the above. At least by doing that, you should see anything that does come out.

As an alternative, you could just remove the camshaft and blow compressed air into the oil-ways, - the problem with just doing that, is (1) you don't get to see what (if anything) comes out (2) You don't know where you have blown it to.

On the plus side, it would save a lot of work!

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts