All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hope you can shed some light on my problem. When ever it rains my car dosent seem to want to start it will turn over but not fire and once it eventually starts it holds back on the revs unitl I take it out of gear and change. Also sometimes when i drive and it rains the battery light comes and the car decides to almost die and stall but Ive fitted a new battery recently and ive checked it charging its showing 12v off and 14.7v running. Ive tryed removing the map sensor when the cars running and it seems so sound healthier once its out. I have taken it to afew garages but no one knows whats wrong with it. any help would be great.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Check the distributor cap for moisture on the copper contacts. Try getting a can of damp start and spraying all the engine bay. It might be worth taking the car for a good 2hr+ blast to get rid of any moisture in the bay.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive replaced the ht leads & plugs havent done anything with the dizzy cap will have a look later

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Ive replaced the ht leads & plugs havent done anything with the dizzy cap will have a look later
When i had start up problems, it all boiled down to my accelerator cable being too slack. You might need to tighten it. It's just a case of removing the casing round the injector and adjusting the cable.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sounds like you got water in your distributor, quite common on corsas apparently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts