All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 53 plate corsa 1.2 sxi has been having a few start up problems. I only really drive it to and from work so not 100% sure how long it's been faulty

Problem started back in February when the the weather would drop below zero degrees. I'd go out to the car in the morning, turn the key, fuel pump would run, starter motor would turn but engine wouldn't fire up first time. Usually takes about 1 minute of turning the key before starting.

The weather soon improved and that no longer became an issue.

So in the warmer weather it starts first time, I go to work, 8 hours later I get back in the car and it starts first time.
If I decide to stop off at the shops or get fuel I have problem restarting the car.

The car will always start eventually but can take about a minute of key turning.
Once started it sometimes sounds like it's struggling.

Been advised it could be the coil pack. so last night after returning home from work I checked the resistance of the coil pack while the car is warm. Had 0.3ohms across 2&3, 2&4, 2&5, 2&6. I think I should have 0.5 ohms?
I will get new cold engine readings later.

Car runs fine other than this.

Any advice?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, i wouldn't think it's the coil pack, its more likely to misfire if its that, you will get pretty low resistance reading, as long as there all the same its something, i would more likely suspect the Crank sensor or the temperature sensor...i would do a code test on it see if anything comes up, i believe you can do a Pedal test on that one....could be low fuel pressure, i would try the easiest cheapest thing first...from Fred in esssex.

My 53 plate corsa 1.2 sxi has been having a few start up problems. I only really drive it to and from work so not 100% sure how long it's been faulty

Problem started back in February when the the weather would drop below zero degrees. I'd go out to the car in the morning, turn the key, fuel pump would run, starter motor would turn but engine wouldn't fire up first time. Usually takes about 1 minute of turning the key before starting.

The weather soon improved and that no longer became an issue.

So in the warmer weather it starts first time, I go to work, 8 hours later I get back in the car and it starts first time.
If I decide to stop off at the shops or get fuel I have problem restarting the car.

The car will always start eventually but can take about a minute of key turning.
Once started it sometimes sounds like it's struggling.

Been advised it could be the coil pack. so last night after returning home from work I checked the resistance of the coil pack while the car is warm. Had 0.3ohms across 2&3, 2&4, 2&5, 2&6. I think I should have 0.5 ohms?
I will get new cold engine readings later.

Car runs fine other than this.

Any advice?

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.