All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Corsa 1.2 Twinport 54 plate has a clunking noise coming from the front suspension when driving. (normally over any bumps and even when pulling away and changing gear).

I have had the droplinks, suspension arms and CV joints changed but the 'clunking' is still there.

I took it to another garage who said they are 80% certain that the issue is the steering rack and will cost £330 to replace.

I will have the work done, but would like to know:

a) Is this a good price
b) Any ideas what else the clunking could be?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Car is going in to another garage tomorrow for another opinion. Not very confident in the one garage saying they are 80% certain thats the problem.

Will keep informed

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Thanks all. Car is going in to another garage tomorrow for another opinion. Not very confident in the one garage saying they are 80% certain thats the problem.

Will keep informed
There certain of £330 pounds :(

I would have them check the Anti roll bar bushes like already said and also track rod end's

Steering rack is electric so have them check the suggested first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah this will either be in the Steering Rack, track rod ends, or steering rack ends. £330 seems extremely steep. Me and my dad fitted a new one onto my car last week (had the exact same problem) cost us about £70 in parts (I think they were discounted so might be around 100 or 120) and took us a day. Its a very tough job though without getting it on ramps in a garage. I would take it to a few other places to get different quotes.
Good luck with it though, we changed the rack, rack ends and track rod ends and this has resulted in no clunking at all! Extremely happy with it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The other garage said the problem was the inner tie rods. They replaced them and the majority of the clunking has gone. It is totally silent, however, occasionally, I still here a minor clunk sound from the OSF, especially when going round a corner, so it is going back in on Tuesday. This clunking is driving me crazy. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts