All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Corsa which I have had for over a year now cuts off when I come to traffic lights or roundabouts. I went to my mechanics and they said it is the throttle body that causes the problem, got that changed but the problem still persisted.

I then got my car serviced at a DIFFERENT mechanic thinking it will get rid of the problem. I was told by the mechanics that serviced my car that is could be the fuel filter that caused the problem, got that changed and my car ran smoothly for 2 weeks but now the problem is back! :mad:

I took it back to the same mechanics that serviced my car and they did a diagnostic test and said the problem is the oxygen sensor, bank 2 (I have no idea what that means haha!) but I had my oxygen sensor changed when I had my car serviced. The mechanic did mention however that this is a different sensor that needs changing :s

Now I am confused to what is causing this problem :confused: I would really appreciate it if someone could kindly help me out here :)

·
Banned
885 Posts
There are TWO sensors, one on the cat and one in the exhaust pipe, so maybe that is where the confusion lays.

As the problem cleared after changing the fuel filter, but later reappeared, I am just wondering if you may have had some 'dirty' petrol in there - it might be worth checking out.

Regards

·
Registered
131 Posts
On the corsa there are 2 oxygen sensors,bank 1 which is positioned under the bonnet before the cat converter, and bank 2 which is fitted after the cat in the exhaust pipe underneath the car.Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts