All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before as I’m a little confused as to what to do and worried I might get mugged off.

A while a go I had to bump start my car (still had original battery). A few months later my EML (engine management light) came on and car was lacking power and holding back. I need to rev it loads to get it to move. Drives okay when on faster roads. I had my friend run a diagnostics test on it and it came back as the lambda (oxygen) sensor needing replacing. He fitted one and the light went off and car was running ok for a day then the problem started again. Took to another garage and they told me oil was running up the oil pressure switch and that the lambda sensor was a cheap one so that needed replacing. So they did that and cleaned the connectors/wiring, replaced oil pressure switch (costing me £220) and said it was sorted as the light was off. (I also got a new battery fitted as that was gonna need doing eventually). Drove it home and was still driving funny! So returned and they said they’d look further, next day they told
Me the oil was in my ecu unit and that a second hand one fitted would cost £400 so I told them I would leave it for a moment. I’ve spoken to others about the issue and the term ‘coil pack’ keeps cropping up. I don’t know whether to get a second opinion about the ecu unit or get someone to change the coil pack? I’ve been trying to avoid driving it at the moment as it can be dangerous especially at roundabouts if I’ve had to stop to give way and then my car has little power to move off quick!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there, well sounds like you have spent a ton of money on it, i wouldn't buy an ecu at this stage, it gets really complicated with programming and stuff like that, i personally would get a can of brake cleaner or carburettor cleaner, some kind of solvent and take the ecu off, spay come cleaner in the plug over the terminals, and take the ecu out of its cover and check the onside for oil contamination, spray it with solvent and put it back together and make sure no more oil goes over it....best of luck from Fred in Essex. try disconnecting the battery overnight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts