All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I live in South Africa and I am busy with a 1.6i 8v Corsa B motor.
I am looking for information or tips on getting max power out of this normaly aspirated motor.
I am starting with the induction system from the air filter to the cylinder head, and want as mutch tips as you can give me.
SA also hasn't got any emission control laws in place so for keep that in mind as well.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
696 Posts
uNfortunately there may not be alot of information to be found specific to your engine, becasue in the UK, vauxhall never produced a 1.6 8v corsa.

However, if the engine is the same as some of our other models there will be some help available.
queue Sky :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Matt, the Corsa 1.6i 8v is almost the exact same motor as the 1.4i 8v, only with a larger bore and longer stroke. As for the induction system, electronics and exhaust system, they are almost identical. The compression on the motor is also at +/- 10:1, witch makes for good power from this little engine.
I am looking for more info on how to gasflow the throttle body, intake manifold and cylinder head.
What 1.6i motors do you get in the UK?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello, your 1.6 8v engine is the same engine that was used in our Nova Gsi's. Being an olidsh design there are alot of options available for them and being an 8v they are bombproof. My suggestions would be a set of webber 45 carbs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know what a corsa utility is and did they ever run in the UK?
I will see if I can find a pick for you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't seem to figure out how to attach a pic from my hard drive, can anyone explain to me how please.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I can't seem to figure out how to attach a pic from my hard drive, can anyone explain to me how please.
upload your pics on there and then copy the URL link given below the picture once loaded on.
insert a pic using the 'insertpic' button wen writing your reply on here!

sorry if that doesnt make sense.. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts