All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
not the best mechanic so paying garages to try and fic my problems and costing me a fortune!!
my corsa had the emissions warning light come on so sent it in and they changed the MAF sensor, then once that was fixed the car was juddering between 2500 and 3000 revs, apart from in between these areas it doesn't do it? it such a pain! put the diagnostics kit on it again and it said the MAF again but i don't think its that as the new issue was there when i drove it away from the garage with the new sensor in it. also the left front indicator works some days doesn't others and was wondering if this was related maybe an electronics issue?
any help will be appreciated so much
Harrison

·
Registered
12 Posts
i know this is fairly old, but i had the same symptoms. First thing I'd try is resetting the ECU, if that doesn't work I'd still look at the MAF. Ask the garage if they used an OEM part or an aftermarket. Many aftermarket ones don't play well with the 1.0

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You can buy a cheap code reader of ebay for about £20, or a wireless module for about £6 that will communicate with an Ipad or android what ever, read live data, but sounds to me like you need to read the codes your self, and delete them and see if they come back...the MAF sensor could be affected by an air leak, air filter trunking etc...maybe manifold gasket..can you hear any air leaks?..brake servo hose, is the brake pedal hard..sounds a bit like the EGR valve stuck open...i dont think the flasher has anything to do with it, try turning it on when it doen't work see if any of the lamps are not working, N/S fron lamps can cause problems, the bulb holder...also try putting the hazard warning lights on and off a few times, sometimes the switch sticks...from Fred in essex.

Hi guys
not the best mechanic so paying garages to try and fic my problems and costing me a fortune!!
my corsa had the emissions warning light come on so sent it in and they changed the MAF sensor, then once that was fixed the car was juddering between 2500 and 3000 revs, apart from in between these areas it doesn't do it? it such a pain! put the diagnostics kit on it again and it said the MAF again but i don't think its that as the new issue was there when i drove it away from the garage with the new sensor in it. also the left front indicator works some days doesn't others and was wondering if this was related maybe an electronics issue?
any help will be appreciated so much
Harrison

1 - 3 of 3 Posts