All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Just purchased my first car, not a huge bad buy. It's definitely seen some better days.

Basically - I seem to be having problems with the central locking.

The other day I stopped off to get some cigarette's and when it came to returning to the vehicle, the key wouldn't open the door. I was stuck at the side of the road for a further 5 minutes before the lock finally opened.

I thought it was freak occurrence because it eventually sorted itself. However when I went out to grab a CD to listen too on the way to work this morning, once again the key couldn't open the door.

I haven't checked to see if the passenger side will work when this happens so I will have a check when I get home.

Can anyone tell me if there's something I can do to get it fixed? (aside from blow my brains out, trolololol)
Perhaps change a fuse or something?

Ill post later to let you know how I got on when I check again when I get home

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sounds stupid I know but are you sure you are putting the key all the way in?
If so then it wont be the fuse it will be the lock, it might have something stuck in there or even broken.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Buddy, thanks for the reply.

I've just got in and i'v just gone and given it another look.

In the drivers side, The key can only lock the central locking.
It's not opening it anymore, It sort of jerks a little like it's trying to do something.

The passenger door functions normally so thankfully means I can still gain access to the car.

If one door is still functioning properly it's likely not the fuse.
I get the feeling the fella who sold it to me, has probably done a number to it to get it working. Possibly grease up the mechanism or something of the like.

Used car dealers are so freaking sketchy.

I've had this car for 10 days and I've worked out it needs a service, the rear tyres changed in a month, the handbrake cable snapped yesterday, the central locking is on the flip.
I can't help but get the feeling I've bought a lemon :S

I suppose I can't argue with a price of 800£ but still... It just blows the first thing I have to do Is take it to a garage and get it fixed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts