All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Can anybody help me by identifying this gizmo.:confused:

The device is situated above the "Secondary Air Injection Switchover Valve" and is mounted on a bracket attached to the suspension strut. It is on the right hand side of the engine compartment (looking from the front of the car).

The car is a Vx Corsa Sport; 1.4 (XE I assume) 16 valve. X Reg (2000)

Once I know what it is I will probably have another question. :)

Regards

Goldie

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
its for your alarm, when the bonnet lifts the rubber raises so if anyone has opened it while the car is lock then it goes off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The alarm activation switch (the black ridged rubber) is just to the right
and slightly above the object that I am trying to identify.

I have done another pic with the thing ringed. It has a green tube going to it and a yellow one to the left.

Regards

Goldie

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
oh sorry mate.

looks like vacum pipes of your secondary air pump but i dont think mine go right oveer there :S

not sure tbh.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thought it was an octane plug at first, but dont think they fitted them after 95'

Where do the tubes go to?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought it was an octane plug at first, but dont think they fitted them after 95'

Where do the tubes go to?
Well this is the basis of my problem. It is my son's car and he only just recently noticed that the yellow tube was disconnected at both ends.

The other end of the yellow tube, that you can see there, goes to the brake servo check valve. The valve has two take off nipples. The one that the yellow tube should be attached to has broken off. The other nipple has a black tube attached to it and this goes to the Secondary Air Injection Switchover Valve, which is just underneath this thing. You can see it connected to the white plastic cylinder in the photo.

The green tube tube from the gizmo goes to the rear centre of the engine compartment and disappears over the exhaust manifold and down the back.

I am sure that the yellow tube should be connected to the gizmo but how I do not know. The only other thing is an L shaped connecting tube that is attached to the bottom of the gizmo, (you can see it just to the left of the green tube connector), but this is blocked.

I don't know how long it has been disconnected as it was not mentioned in any of the services.

I cannot see it in the Haynes manual, but if I knew what it was called I'd probably be able to find out more about it.

Regards

Goldie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts