All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Last night in the cold weather I went to use the washer pump and it worked for about 2 seconds then no more water was coming out. But the motor was still making a noise (although a slightly quieter noise than normal), so I just presumed I was out of fluid.

Checked it this morning, and there was plenty in there, so I tried again.
No noise at all... its kaputt. (Wipers still work)

Now, I can't imagine it being the fuse, as it would either work fine, or not work at all... not half and half (make a noise and not squirt). But I will check the fuse, does anyone know which fuse it is? because theres a lot of windscreen images on the back of the fusebox flap.

If thats fine, it's either the washer pump or the stalk... I reckon it's the pump, because of how the noise faded in power yesterday, sound about right?

Or am I missing anything?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought at first, but it's been a lot colder than this and been fine before. Can the motor overheat and stop working until it cools?

An update on this though, I came to the car after work. And the pumps sounds like it's working fine.
But now it works on the passenger side and it just dribles out of the drivers side one... Thats right the most important side to have your windscreen clear :palm:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mebys the jets were frozen or blocked? If its working out one then the pumps ok, there must be a restriction to to the drivers jet, ie a blockage either in the pipe or the jet itself

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sjw,

As soon as the pump started working again on one side, I thought the problem must be none electrical.

I've noticed you can see the washer nipples (if there called that) and the tubes, can just be seen from underneath the bonnet, through the holes of the sheet of metal attached to the underneath of the bonnet.
Any tips on getting the tubing in and out? or is it a case of struggling with feeding it through? I didn't look to much yesterday as I was in a rush.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've never removed the pipes on a corsa, so I'm not sure there but there will be a t piece somewhere near the jets, where the pipe will branch off from the feed pipe from the pump to the individual pipe in question, if u disconnect the relevant pipe here (should just be a case off pulling it off) and do the same on the washer jet, and blow through it, if you can blow all the way through it with no restrictions then the fault lies with the jet, so it's just a case of replacing it, you can clean them out, it uve access to an airline, but it's just as easy to replace them.

My money's on the jet tho, these are normally what blocks up, in my experience

·
Registered
34 Posts
screwdriver through the hole in bonnet, push upwards and it'll be a squeeze but it should come out, they're on a L connection, so you'll have to fiddle to pull pipe through bonnet and disconnect it

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Olli,
I will keep that in mind. I didn't get a chance to look on the weekend. Maybe in the week

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you say one side is working but the other isn't, use the pump whilst the bonnet is up and see if there's any leaks what should be going to the non working jet, if not, take a wire brush, pair of pliers and pull out a strand of the brush, poke it down the jet from the outside this will cure a blockage if that's the case

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Danny,

I think it is the jet in all honesty.
The more I've used the car the left nozzle on the drivers side jet is clear just by using the washers. So only the one left to unblock.
Still seems strange how it stopped all together the first day this started!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts