All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well, i would think the weather is hot in South Africa to start with, but with mine in the uk i drive it about 15 minutes and it comes up to about 90c, when you drive it along the road it should stay about 1/2 way up, if you just let it idle it will creep up as there is no air being forced thought he radiator as when you are driving alone, that's when the fan cuts in, it comes in just under boiling point, which is a bit over 100c when its under pressure...so as long as the fan cuts in and out it should be ok....

If its obviously boiling up you have to do something about it...but if it just runs a hot hot i wouldn't worry...the front of the car always gets hot....if you want to flush it out i suggest you try to get the bottom hose off and stick a hose in the top somewhere....either in the top of the radiator or on header tank, or even the top hose inlet....hope that helps from Fred in Essex UK.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.