All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i would like to flush my radiator using vinegar but i know my top left hose (outlet) is an extreme tough one to take off. I am scared i can not put it back on - im not really a DIY or arm strength guy. Also I am not sure if i can circulate the vinegar entirely in the system and HOW i can do this? I am trying to resolve a heat issue.

My car has been running hot , in my opinion.
My mechanic says it seems fine.
From what i remember and my experience with the car is that when i drive the temperature gauge sits at around 91-92 and the fan should come on at about 95.
Maybe i am stressing too much or maybe i am worried too much for nothing.
It just seems that NOW my car is seemingly hot, i dont know.
When i get out the car and stand by the wheel or n the front of the bonnet WITH the bonnet closed, i feel this heat coming off the car , is this normal?

My gauge was NOT working from probably November up until a few days ago.
On Tuesday 9 Feb my gauge was fixed.
Now that i can see my gauge , i am scared.

I remember my car from way back , when it does the first first drive , and i dont know what this is, if it is a precheck or some check that the car does or what it is, but the needle moves rapidly up and then down to normal temp.

My scenario now:
When I first drive my car my car in the morning for the first drive.... the gauge RAPIDLY moves from neutral position which is below 90, and then it RAPIDLY as i say, moves to 100 exactly BUT not in to the RED. And then as i am driving the needle moves RAPIDLY down to a little over 90 , might be 92 i dont know. When i get to traffic lights it gets to 95 and the fan comes on.
I dont but too me this sounds a bit too quick.

I have JUST-JUST changed my Thermostat thinking it might be the problem, ask my mechanic. Looks like the same thing, i dont REALLY see an improvement, I just wasted 500 Rand, maybe?
I am going to drive for the first drive this morning and see what that initial gauge reading is like.

Anyways, i was just thinking , what else can cause this?

OR do you guys think i am being silly here and my car is fine?
Do you have anything i can check or do , maybe idle the car and tell you how long it takes until the fan comes on , and when it goes off and when it comes on again? i dont know , i want to cry.

What worries me is that it does not seem to be normal temperature.
I am pretty sure it was 90-92.
Anyways if i make a video i think this is better for you to analyze for me.

my water is not boiling.
hmm, what i do know is that i added like 2 litres of concentrate anti-freeze (made in germany HEPU) to the system. I was reading now and some sites say its not good to put a lot of anti freeze. I am not sure how much liquid is in my system as a total.
What i can also add, is that when i my car is at 95 and the fan comes on, i find that it is hard for the temperature to go back to 91 OR whatever it should be.

My mechanic did use a lazer gun when thermostat was changed to check for me, and it was definitely hot on the one pipe the top left and the right side which is also more or less at the middle top of the radiator, that pipe was slightly cooler. I dont remember numbers exactly , but say 5 degrees difference.
The engine seemed to be 105 and one pipe was in the mid 90's and the other was in the low 90's.

Comments if you have...
I will try to post the video i have and i will try to make a new one.
Dont have the best equipment for videos and i cant drive while recording, so its very hard need to use rip ties and stuff. will try

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i would think the weather is hot in South Africa to start with, but with mine in the uk i drive it about 15 minutes and it comes up to about 90c, when you drive it along the road it should stay about 1/2 way up, if you just let it idle it will creep up as there is no air being forced thought he radiator as when you are driving alone, that's when the fan cuts in, it comes in just under boiling point, which is a bit over 100c when its under pressure...so as long as the fan cuts in and out it should be ok....

If its obviously boiling up you have to do something about it...but if it just runs a hot hot i wouldn't worry...the front of the car always gets hot....if you want to flush it out i suggest you try to get the bottom hose off and stick a hose in the top somewhere....either in the top of the radiator or on header tank, or even the top hose inlet....hope that helps from Fred in Essex UK.
Hi Fred, im back, well gee , yeh we discussed my air mass flow meter and all that stuff last time and ICV and what not.
I bought a new airflow pipe which was not nessesary but i needed to in order to get the sensor which comes with it. This sensor, however, clips on perfectly on the harness plug. I decided to also use my old one and i used throttlebody cleaner to clean the sensor. Anyways none of this has solved my start/crank issue i have, not sure if you remember my lengthy posts about this.

Anyways at least i know i am using the original sensor, and i have a new one now as a backup and i have a new pipe installed. Anyways.

So my mechanic recently tightened that wire for the gauge for the heat.
So now i can see whats cooking. I dont know, i just think my car runs too hot.

I would love to post a video i have made so i can show you.
However this is before replaced the thermostat which might have no been nessesary? i dont know.
So i would like to see what the gauge does on the first drive of the car.
so in the morning when i take a trip i want to see what the gauge does.

I remember my car from way back , when it does the first first drive , and i dont know what this is, if it is a precheck or some check that the car does or what it is, but the needle moves rapidly up and then down to normal temp.

What worries me is that it does not seem to be normal temperature.
I am pretty sure it was 90-92.
Anyways if i make a video i think this is better for you to analyze for me.

my water is not boiling.
hmm, what i do know is that i added like 2 litres of concentrate anti-freeze to the system. I was reading now and some sites say its not good to do that.
What i can also add, is that when i my car is at 95 and the fan comes on, i find that it is hard for the temperature to go back to 90 or whatever it should be.

My mechanic did use a lazer gun today to check for me, and it was definitely hot on the one pipe the top left and the right side which is also more or less at the middle top of the radiator, that pipe was slightly cooler. I dont remember now exactly, but say 5 degrees.

Comments if you have...
I will try to post the video i have and i will try to make a new one.
Dont have the best equipment for videos and i cant drive while recording, so its very hard need to use rip ties and stuff. will try

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.