All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone, I am usually over on VXR Online as I have a VXR Corsa Nurburgring but I have registered on here as I now also have a Corsa B which I am currently using as my Winter runaround and could do with some very appreciated help.
Anyway to the B. My neighbour thought the Head Gasket had started to go so rather than scrap it he gave it to me as he knew that I was after a toy lol. Luckily for me changing the Thermostat with new Coolant fixed the gurgling of the Coolant bottle and have since changed the Oil and Filter, Spark Plugs, Adjusted the Clutch Pedal as the Biting point was in the floor and struggled not to stall it and had the Wheel Alignment sorted for it being 12 years old with 103k on it, it runs really well.

This is the bit where I need the help as I am now planning on getting a 1.8 conversion so I can strip and have it as a play thing.
I have been offered a Z18XE engine which is still currently in the Donor Car and I am wondering if the Z18XE ECU is the same as the X18XE1 ECU and whether I could get the Engine working in the B without too many hassles as I need to let the person know as soon as possible so that I do not mess them around and that they can sell it on.

Sorry for the waffle for my first post on this Forum and your help is very much appreciated.

Daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Good evening everyone, I am usually over on VXR Online as I have a VXR Corsa Nurburgring but I have registered on here as I now also have a Corsa B which I am currently using as my Winter runaround and could do with some very appreciated help.
Anyway to the B. My neighbour thought the Head Gasket had started to go so rather than scrap it he gave it to me as he knew that I was after a toy lol. Luckily for me changing the Thermostat with new Coolant fixed the gurgling of the Coolant bottle and have since changed the Oil and Filter, Spark Plugs, Adjusted the Clutch Pedal as the Biting point was in the floor and struggled not to stall it and had the Wheel Alignment sorted for it being 12 years old with 103k on it, it runs really well.

This is the bit where I need the help as I am now planning on getting a 1.8 conversion so I can strip and have it as a play thing.
I have been offered a Z18XE engine which is still currently in the Donor Car and I am wondering if the Z18XE ECU is the same as the X18XE1 ECU and whether I could get the Engine working in the B without too many hassles as I need to let the person know as soon as possible so that I do not mess them around and that they can sell it on.

Sorry for the waffle for my first post on this Forum and your help is very much appreciated.

Daniel
looked into this my self you can get them running in a corsa b but the flyby wire and speedo i hear is the hardest part to work around...im sure someone who knows more about it then me will clear up the rest

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard the same about the Throttle which I was thinking of solving by using the X18XE1 Throttle Body which would cause issues with the ECU I am sure with the Throttle Position Sensor code etc so I am now after info on the ECU I need. I think I will buy the Z18XE with the bits I need so I can get the Engine here and if necessary sell it to my mate which is after the same Engine for the same project idea. Bit of a race between us both lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
You'll struggle with the z18xe. Main issue is the throttle cable - the z series engines don't have one. You'll need to either convert the car to a fly by wire throttle (easier said than done), or run aftermarket management to keep the cable throttle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'll struggle with the z18xe. Main issue is the throttle cable - the z series engines don't have one. You'll need to either convert the car to a fly by wire throttle (easier said than done), or run aftermarket management to keep the cable throttle.
Cheers mate. I knew it was going to be a ball ache lol, I was thinking of using the X18XE1 throttle body on the Z engine but not sure if that would cause issues with the ECU

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
it will. best bet is get a decent x18xe1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts