All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 3dr W-reg Corsa B Club and have a few electrical problems i need help with,

They are:
Boot Courtesy light doesn't turn on at all,

The Courtesy/Map light will only turn on when the side or headlights are on,

The clock resets itself every time the ignition is turned off and when i press the horn it flashes the clock and makes a noise that sounds like a relay behind the glove box maybe? but the horn doesn't sound?

Also this is most important problem none of the Heating/Heated rear window/demister etc works, i believe its fuse 17? which is supposed to be 10amp, will blow every time i use the heating i have put a 30amp in there although it blows that aswell and when it blows i get the alternator light turn on and power steering goes obviously power steering is important so i have currently disconnected the cable at the back of the panel for the heating, i was thinking i could splice the positive cable and run it direct to the battery? if any one knows the color of the positive cable and if that would work.

Aswell as it is coming into winter and i've had no heating for a while i've decided to treat my self to heated seats if anyone knows what parts i will need and how to fit them all it would be appreciated :)

If anyone can help with any of these problems i would really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sounds like there's a short..

Mine kept blowing that same fuse, and it was the speedo wiring that goes into the gearbox

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Mine was gear linkage catching on wires.
I just removed damage wires and replaced with new

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If you have a multimeter, open the drivers door pull the interior light form the roof lining.

Disconnect the bulb and measure the votage readings by putting the probes in these places.

Red probe - red wire of interior light housing
Black probe - grey wire of interor light housing

Red probe - red wire
Black probe - screw on door pin

Red probe - red wire
Black probe - battery negative terminal

Red probe - battery positive terminal
Black probe - grey wire

Post up the voltages of each test and I'll see what I can do

Where are you in the UK by the way?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have a multimeter, open the drivers door pull the interior light form the roof lining.

Disconnect the bulb and measure the votage readings by putting the probes in these places.

Red probe - red wire of interior light housing
Black probe - grey wire of interor light housing

Red probe - red wire
Black probe - screw on door pin

Red probe - red wire
Black probe - battery negative terminal

Red probe - battery positive terminal
Black probe - grey wire

Post up the voltages of each test and I'll see what I can do

Where are you in the UK by the way?
Hi mate thanks for that but i don't have a multimeter : /, And i'm in bedfordshire (M1 Junction 13)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Bedfordshires too far for me.
If you dont have a multimeter, get one. They are about £5 from Maplin.

Failing that, use the bulb as an indicator - tape a couple of lengths of wire to each end and use those wires as the probes.

·
Banned
273 Posts
MIne started clicking from behind the battery this summer, then I found the battery went flat.
I never found the prob despite checking all the fuses/connections
I recharged the battery and never had a prob since.. very weird !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts