All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just recently I noticed that the light that illuminates the inside of my boot isn't working in my 2000 Corsa B (pretty sure it was working before), and having replaced the bulb it still doesn't work. The light inside my car which comes on when the doors open still works (not sure if this is relevant).
I own a Haynes manual but it doesn't state which fuse is connected to this bulb.

If anyone could clarify which fuse it is that would be great :)

Many Thanks,

Matt

·
Banned
147 Posts
I dont know corsa B's specifically but it may not be the fuse.
Check if you have a live feed at the fitting. If you have then its either the replacement bulb was already blown (not unknown) or its not making good contact in the bulb holder, or the bulb holder/light fitting is not making a good earth contact to the car body.
If you have no live feed at the bulb holder (and the fuse is ok) check if the boot switch is receiving power and passing it on to the light fitting. All easy to check with a multimeter.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your into light is working when you open the car door,I would say that the fuse would be OK
as I think the boot light works off the same fuse.What I would do is open the tailgate and check there is a live feed and a good earth to the bulb holder.If all is well and it still doesn't work,have a look at the bottom of the tailgate,and there you should find a plunger switch through a hole,this is what operates the boot light as you open the boot catch,now check if you have a live feed to this switch.If you have live there,give the switch a few presses as it may have stuck in which will prevent the light from working.If not you may need a new switch.Hope this helps to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.