All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title says, I got my hands on a 1998 Vauxhall Corsa Breeze 1.4 8v. Its abit rough round the edges but from what I saw and head on the drive home etc there was some rust on the edge of the bonnet, door pillars, drivers wing and a tiny bit on the skirt. The bonnet will need replacing as you could probably poke a screwdriver through it so will be needing that. Pics will tell all at the moment.

Before I picked it up.

Once I got it back to the yard I gave it a quick wash and it brought it up very well :)!

here you can sort of see the rust on the bonnet

Not much rust in the boot, theres a hole in the wheel well tho!

bit of surface rust

Fresh key mark on the quarter, lovely!

Its like this on both sides

Close up of the bonnet

Inside before a clean

The next day I got a set of Corsa C SXI wheels, 60mm lowering springs and a set of wind deflectors

Lowered the back, was dead on then the fronts didnt go so well, need shortened shocks so thinking just get coilovers.

I noticed there was a bit of camber on the passenger side rear wheel, took the wheel off had a look and found this..

So the axle needs replacing.. Other bits and bobs but nothing major, the temperature gauge and speedo doesnt work either!

Have a few plans in mind, GSi kit, maybe different wheels, coilovers, sort the bits and bobs, get a new axle, maybe small block turbo on the 8v or get a 14 16v or 16 16v.. nothing confirmed yet but ill post updates as much as I can. I also have a GSi cav steering wheel which has to be put on :).

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good base, a little scruffy but that's the idea of a project :)

Turbo isn't advisable, more tuning the 8v, may as well swap lump out as its cheaper and easier :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lads :) yea it's abit rough tho not as bad as most older Vauxhalls, the bonnets just gna be replaced so it will be dead on, the scratch isn't too deep so get it painted over n buffed out n anything else can be sorted later :) it need two rear shocks, track rod ends n I'm just replacing the ball joints n upgrading to 2.0 brakes with new discs and pads :) just wee stupid things like that.. I've been told that the temp gauge fault can be due to a fuse blown but can't seem to find it? Any help on that?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think the fuse for the temp gauge is 31 not 100% and I might be a mile off! Just take the fuses out 1 by 1 and see if there blown

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So there was a damp smell in the car and I found where the damp patch is

And I think this is the cause of it but I coul be wrong?

I'm also getting 2.0 brakes and a boot spoiler. The boy has bigger rear drums but don't know what they're off?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so no updates really, found that the headgasket has blown, the temperature gauge is working again but the speedo still isnt :(! priced up parts and its just all stupid stuff mechanically bar the rear axle.. going to just do a big service, timing, water pump etc need ball joints and trackrod ends also. so will be ordering the parts very soon :) moneys short at the min lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Where about in belfast you from mate? I'm from belfast myself. Looks like a decent car just abit rough round the edges. As long as shes solid underneith thats all that matters lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where about in belfast you from mate? I'm from belfast myself. Looks like a decent car just abit rough round the edges. As long as shes solid underneith thats all that matters lol.
West mate wbu? Yea she's dead on just abit rough but that's the fun of a project lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So have an oil leak somewhere as the engine is very greasy and oily!

Headgasket has gone to sh*t so im thinking theres a crack in the head hence the oily engine :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts