All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im lookin for a corsa for my 1st car nd i have seen an m reg corsa b breeze for £500 from a dealer. it looks in quite good condition. the thing is though its done 120k miles:eek: . basically all i want 2 know is there any problems with that sort of mileage and what should i look for as im thinking about going to view it 2morro. thanks

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
hi all im lookin for a corsa for my 1st car nd i have seen an m reg corsa b breeze for £500 from a dealer. it looks in quite good condition. the thing is though its done 120k miles:eek: . basically all i want 2 know is there any problems with that sort of mileage and what should i look for as im thinking about going to view it 2morro. thanks
Hi there. Well think there are quite a few people on here with cars with that sort of mileage so they will probably be able to help you better with this. However, things you need to be looking out for are mainly rust which is the biggest problem on corsa's of this age and usually tend you be round the bonnet area, the doors and around the boot lock so check these places. Also check the condition of the enigine e.g has it been well kept....is there any service history etc. Also as always a test drive is recommended as that is a great way of 'feeling' for problems. If all of that looks in order then other little problems such as interior wear etc which is to be expected are alot easier to sort out. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The milage shouldn't be a problem as long as everything is upto date, e.g mot certificates and any other recipets, as long as its been looked after its ok, i got my Breeze with 97,640 on the clock, and its now got 104,480 and ive no trouble with it, try lower the price though mate oh and welcome

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Mileage dont mean sh*t, cars with regular servicing can be good for well over 200k, neglected engines could go at like 80. check for service history and obvious signs of wear and tear, listen to the engine from cold start to full operating temperature. Then make your decision from there. Dont get put off by big numbers. Although be aware the engine isnt the only part thats covered that mileage.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Rust on mine was front of bonnet and bottom of wings/doors and mine is M Reg
Other than that, as said if thew engine has not been ragged etc you should be absolutely fine.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
And as you said its your first car so cant expect to have it perfect. Just a good excuse to spend time and money modding :thumbs_up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts