All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of a saab b204 engine conversion, anyone shed any light on this if its been done or what mounts etc i need just info on it? dont bother with any negative feedback tbh whats the point?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I believe there is a conversion help thread that you may get better replies on mate :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I cant say ive seen many corsas with the saab lumps in, but they seem to be very promising.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Just been talking to marc Fitzsimmons about his saab build. Apparently they are a lot more tunable than the LET engines but are really hard to put in.
Would be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the cost to power ratio between them. As I can see the let being cheaper to get average power, but the Saab to be cheaper to get big power.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
get on here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/267944969885803/?fref=ts

the saab b204 conversion is an awesome thing. there is a bot more work required but the end result is a car with an engine safe to 450bhp+ on stock internals.

basic points:

buy a full saab donor, your after a 1993-1996ish saab 900. theres plenty of pics on yhe above link of the correct engine

the camchain end engine mount is the hardest bit, as youhave to make it, but its only flat plate welded together. again, pics above.

nigel saab pumford does wiring kits, and remaps. a stage 3 map is 270bhp.

the stock ecu is infinitely mappable. you dont need standalone like a c20let.

parts are cheap. they dont have scene tax yet.

the info is there, you just need to search.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Thanks all :) don't really know what lump to go with
From Reading Robs post, I would say if you have some experience in this stuff go for it. Might take you a while and if you have the time and money ... it's well worth it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts