All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
This is my second post up about my corsa B 1.0 flat spotting/hesitation
This problem only creeps up when the engine temp gets just above 90, and when you try take off normally its almost like a stalling sensation with the engine running, and im sure i can also hear a back firing while its rolling forward as well?
This also sometimes happens while driving normally youll feel the cars power dip randomly, then pick up again?
Its getting to a point where its getting quite dangerous now too! you dont want that happening across a round about or busy traffic flow:(

how ever on a cool night if i went for a drive it feels as tight as a drum, as good as the day i bought it? So there fore its a temperature sensitive part..
So either...
Ive gotta drive every where like my hairs on fire:thumbs_up:
Drive ever where at night Or...
Sell it to some one in poland? :p

I've replaced a multitude of parts in my car, and this stupid problem isnt going away:mad:
1. Full service (oils, plugs, filters)
2. MAF
3. Engine coolant sensor
4. Camshaft sensor
5. Cleaned throttle body housing
6. Coil pack
7. EGR valvue
8. Fuel filter
9. Taken rocker cover off and checked timing (Perfect!)

And after all that theres still the problem... :(
Its been suggested that maybe its the fuel pump packing up or being blocked, but as is the way its not as simple as being attached to the cover you remove under the back seats, it looks like its on the bottom of the fuel tank??

Any ideas guyss??

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Stew :)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Um.... Try getting your ecu reset sometimes a fault code is stored so the engine runs like crap.
I'm having the same problem at the moment but it's 8 valve so no maf think it's probably coil pack but have no idea how to change it

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um.... Try getting your ecu reset sometimes a fault code is stored so the engine runs like crap.
I'm having the same problem at the moment but it's 8 valve so no maf think it's probably coil pack but have no idea how to change it
I've had the ECU reset.. thats the thing and i just dont know any more:(
The coil pack is really easy to change, you just disconnect the plug at the one end of the pack, pull it straight out (as tho your removing the spark plugs), and swap the packs over.
i'd suggest a small squirt of WD40 in each tube just before replacing it to help the electrical insulation.
thats if you've got a pack which is all one piece. If its not (im assuming its just the plugs with HT leads)? im not too clued up on those:(
But applying common sense, you'd do a similar process on removal and swapping over?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Cheers mate. Can't really think of what else could be causing your problem.
Lam sensor?
Don't think your fuel pump would be the problem unless it stalls when idling

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers mate. Can't really think of what else could be causing your problem.
Lam sensor?
Don't think your fuel pump would be the problem unless it stalls when idling
No problem :) i starting to get to know my car very well with all this extra work im doing to it now.. :p
And yeah, i've had them replace the Lam sensor when Kwik Fit fitted a whole new exhaust as they thought it might be "blocking up" which as it turns out was complete rubbish.. lol!
It doesnt stall when it idles, but the car is abit rough on idlingand does shake abit for example if the door is open you notice the shake more...?
this goes away when your bring the revs up slightly?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds alot like the problem i had turned out to be the idle control valve take a look at my thread and see if it sounds like the problem i had http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/idleing-problem-31582.html to fix the icv you can clean it or buy a new one http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/cleaning-idle-control-26190.html i cleaned mine and haven't looked back since, and as for the blockage situtation have you changed the fuel filter?
Hey, Thanks for that!
it sounds similar to my problem but not quite the same, my car will start up and idle fine hot or cold, the problem arises as soon as the engine gets to 90+ degrees... basicly as soon as its warm?
after a drive along the M25 today i started noticing it a little while driving, the temp needle stayed low but it still occured???
when i turned off the M25, the problem came back with a vengance and its like i'd been feeding my car Kangaroo petrol.. couldnt help but notice the BMW driver behind me try cover his smile :( it gets embarising after a while!

so im completely stuck as what to do!
But ill try give the idle speed controll a little clean and see what happens! fingers crossed all!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive just this minute posted a thread, then read this one, i think theyre the same prob, please let me know if you sort it, thanks so much.
It does "feel" like petrol shortage but doesnt stall as you say, im betting on icv but thats another £35 if im wrong, lambda?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive just this minute posted a thread, then read this one, i think theyre the same prob, please let me know if you sort it, thanks so much.
It does "feel" like petrol shortage but doesnt stall as you say, im betting on icv but thats another £35 if im wrong, lambda?
Hey, yeah sure no probs, and same for your side any new info could you let me know? Thanks :)
Yeah it "feels" like a stall when it happens, but then you hear a backfiring and i hear like 4 pops, which is the engine running through each compression then it launches its self off?? lol
Sorry im not the best with the abbreviations? ICV?
And ive had a whole new exhaust from manifold to the back wth a new lambda fitted, if it was any sensor it would bring up the fault light?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sure i will tell you if i sort it.
I actually helped lloyd on his thread and he sorted it lol so i'll try my own advice on the ICV, which is the idle control valve, it right near your throttle cable and theres a link on lloyds thread to how to clean it,,, but,,, theres two types, one for the three cylinder engine (mine) and a smaller unit for 1.2 etc. Lambda will bring up a fault code (the light on your dash) if its that. good luck.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure i will tell you if i sort it.
I actually helped lloyd on his thread and he sorted it lol so i'll try my own advice on the ICV, which is the idle control valve, it right near your throttle cable and theres a link on lloyds thread to how to clean it,,, but,,, theres two types, one for the three cylinder engine (mine) and a smaller unit for 1.2 etc. Lambda will bring up a fault code (the light on your dash) if its that. good luck.
Lol isnt that the way tho, you help some one else and your problem isnt sorted? lol the only thing with cleaning the ICV is once you put it back youve gotta reset the ECU, and disconecting the batter for a while wont work, it needs to be reset by something fro a dealer...
Unfortunately youve gotta remove the ICV, reset the ECU, then refit the ICV or else there wouldnt be any point in putting it back on (even if its a new one out the box)
Because the computer would simply treat it the same as the old one..
And when this hiccup comes on, theres no fault lights any where to be seen :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think disconnecting the battery doesnt work, if thats what you mean, its an old wifes tale, ive never fiited an icv so any help from anyone would be appreciated, i think if you fit it fully retracted then let the ecu reset it is the way to go, but again im not 100%, you wouldnt believe the trouble ive had trying to get a reader to reset the ecu, because (as far as i know) on the 3cyl model its not obd2 complient, think there obd1 or op com (opel).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think disconnecting the battery doesnt work, if thats what you mean, its an old wifes tale, ive never fiited an icv so any help from anyone would be appreciated, i think if you fit it fully retracted then let the ecu reset it is the way to go, but again im not 100%, you wouldnt believe the trouble ive had trying to get a reader to reset the ecu, because (as far as i know) on the 3cyl model its not obd2 complient, think there obd1 or op com (opel).
Yeah thats what i meant, a good page i found for removing and fitting ICVs is this one, whether you know about it or not?
http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/cleaning-idle-control-26190.html
The one problem is, if you fit it retracted and let the ECU set it up again, it may be setting it up wrong, or giving it wrong readings or somethning??
So again the best thing to do would be to call around a local garage and see what they can do, ones near me charge around £30 - £50 depending on the garage. ask if you can park it up in the corner remove it yourself and clean it (or buy a new one), and let them reset the ECU, i think you only need the ignition on for it to be reset? once reset replace the part and re connect everything.... (fingers crossed) :palm:

Something i've just done is remove all the plugs and given all of the connectors a clean with an electric terminal cleaner and plugged them back in..?
Its now just getting to a point where im trying anything:(

And now my car has also developed a knock in the engine department some where... GREAT!:mad: Its the same as yours (3cyl) and its on the left side of the engine as you look at it..?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.