All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just got Hertz ESK 165 recently as compensation for some web services I did. It's a 165mm one..

So I tried removing the side pocket at the door to see if the speakers would fit... Turns out it doesn't!!! the back part where the magnet is doesn't fit through the metal chassis! The mounting hole diameter of the speaker is a few millimeters larger than the hole in the car!

What can I do to get it fit? I'm not sure whether hammering out the door chassis would work or something, please advise! I'm having some pro installers work on it but either way I'd like to know what possibly is the best way to fit it! Help please!

Hertz ESK 165 spec:
Component: 2 way system
Size EV 165L woofer 165 mm (6”1/2)
ET 20 tweeter 20 mm (3/4”)
Power peak 200
Handling continuous 100
(Watt) program
Impedance Ohm 4
Frequency response: Hz 50 - 23k
Sensitivity dB/SPL 92
Outer diameter: 165 mm
Mounting hole diameter: 145 mm
Magnet size: 85 mm
Total depth: 72 mm
Mounting depth: 66 mm

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
buy some speaker adaptors, available from halfrauds or any good car audio shop :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can the speaker adaptors really do something about it? Cause Im thinkin' that it will be hitting the plastic (the one with the side pockets) that covers it....

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Adapters probably wont help if the mounting size and depth are too much for the hole. Best bet is probably custom door builds...

·
Registered
24,002 Posts

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Adapters probably wont help if the mounting size and depth are too much for the hole. Best bet is probably custom door builds...
The adapters lift the speaker out of the door by about an inch, did my fronts last week and they fitted fine.

I recommend that if youre changing the tweeters that you dont put them behind the door handle trim where the original ones are as this gives you a crappy muffled sound, i made holes in the trim and mounted them flush over where the gaps from the original tweeter was. I know that doesnt make a whole lot of sence so if anyone wants i can get a picture.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
The adapters lift the speaker out of the door by about an inch, did my fronts last week and they fitted fine.

I recommend that if youre changing the tweeters that you dont put them behind the door handle trim where the original ones are as this gives you a crappy muffled sound, i made holes in the trim and mounted them flush over where the gaps from the original tweeter was. I know that doesnt make a whole lot of sence so if anyone wants i can get a picture.
Depends on the overall mounting depth to be honest, might help, but might not.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Okay. I've just looked it up and my speakers have a mounting depth of 50mm, yours are 66? I had plenty of clearence, so you should be okay. You could always use something to bring the speakers further out from the adapter. Or as a friend of mine has done, and simply cut suitable holes in the door trim, it looks surprisingly tidy.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
surely it wont be sealed then? (not that the door is, but its better than nothing)
What wont be sealed? Any chance you could take a pic of what your attempting to do, that might help.
Oh do you mean the speaker case wont be sealed against the door so no (or less) air can escape?
If that's what you mean the no my speakers aren't sealed but they sound pretty good.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
What wont be sealed? Any chance you could take a pic of what your attempting to do, that might help.
Oh do you mean the speaker case wont be sealed against the door so no (or less) air can escape?
If that's what you mean the no my speakers aren't sealed but they sound pretty good.
yeah thats what i meant,
ill get the pictures for you when i get a chance.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
okay.
so,

I originally put the tweeter in place of the original, but found that the sound was muffled.
Plus it looks cooler now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts