All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking for some assistance if possible:

My offside electric headlight height adjuster is making the motor noise continuously but not moving the light - nearside is working correctly.

Does anyone have experience of this problem, and how to solve it?

I've just had the whole headlight unit out, but could not disconnect the motor part - Haynes says just twist (which I did ok) and "pull it squarely away to disconnect the balljoint" - but when I pulled it all seemed a bit loose and didn't want to break anything.

Does it need a new motor, or whole unit, or can I free something with WD40, or perhaps another solution?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
You have to put in a lot of force but the motors do pull out. As you said, you twist them, then pull. Then refitting is just a reversal of that. When refitting it's best to remove the headlight bulb so you can get one hand in to counter against the force you're putting in to the motor, making it easier to slot it back together. A bit tricky to explain but when doing it I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
i think the motors can be removed but im not sure how, having never taken one apart before.
Great info :laugh:

They definatly come out.

Have to pull pretty hard though, that's normal

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.. it's best to remove the headlight bulb so you can get one hand in to counter against the force you're putting in to the motor, making it easier to slot it back together....
Thank you for that, I hadn't thought of removing the bulb, that makes a lot of sense!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts