All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, here I have a video of exactly what is wrong with my corsa, it idles horribly rough and jerks around a lot when driving, it dosnt feel right at all, the **** pit vibrates nastily, this is a 1999 1.0 12v corsa club, I hope anyone can help to cure this problem?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Not a lot to go on from that video to be honest - it seems to be OK when cold, then the engine begins to hunt at about 1.30 on the video. It isn't clear, but it looks like the engine management light comes on at the same time - not sure on that since the whole dash isn't shown?

There's a few things it could be - eg if the coolant temperature sensor is weak that would cause those symptoms, or a stuck EGR valve.

Best bet is to first make sure all the basic service items are in good order - you don't say when it was last serviced which is important to know.

Then see what (if any) fault codes are stored.

Any form of misfire on these will cause horrible vibrations - it's the nature of the three pot engines.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, sorry about the quality of video, surprisingly the engine management light never comes on, and I've forgot to mention while I was looking on here seen it could be the mass air flow sensor, bought a new one and still no change, yeah it seems fine when it's cold just as soon as its warm it starts playing up

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah well the engine is running a bit rich but could that seriously be causing these problems? And thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update car was fine but now a similar problem has occurred, when the car is idling cold it's fine and idles at 1100, but when it warms up it idlings at 1200 and keeps idling irratically just like before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts