All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas

Im new here found this place whilst trying to search for help with this problem.

Basicly, as the title says, my interior light wont switch off. Ive checked the pull out switch for my lights and the interior light stays on weather i pull the switch out or push it in. So im guessing there could be something wrong internally. I know how to remove my dashboard, the full lot praticly, but have no idea about the wireing side of things. Could anyone be able to offer assistance with this?

I work for pizza hut delivering and at night the light is invaluble when sorting a customers change.

Cheers
stephen

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Probably, one of door pins that pushes in with door closes, has come loose at the back, meaning car thinks door is open.just leave it dangling, and disconnect one wire, and plug in when want for change

Reactions: ste2425

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Check the door switches. One of them may be stuck in the open position or something.
Thanks for the speedy reply,

Do you mean the little things to lock the door?

Edit:
Probably, one of door pins that pushes in with door closes, has come loose at the back, meaning car thinks door is open.just leave it dangling, and disconnect one wire, and plug in when want for change
Is that an easy fix? Id hate to have wires poking out of the roof man, my car is stock like but it looks neat.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Id you look on car body, where door closes, there is a grey switch with black background screwed not to the door but to the chassis

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Thanks for the speedy reply,

Do you mean the little things to lock the door?
Nope.

At the front of the door frame there should be a little switch that tells the light to come on when the door is open. As vagas said, check it is connected properly, it's a really simple switch, singly should be able to see of it's working properly.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Touch'e

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help guys you were both right, it was one of the switches.
The passenger door switch wasn't fully going in. I pushed it in myself and the light went out. It doesn't go back out mind you but i can pick up a switch from my local scrappys. Is it a case of just soldering two wires?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
They just plug in the back mate

Reactions: ste2425

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Hahaha, least we both giving same advice :):)

You can ahve the glory now, I'm off to bed! :p

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha id happily have all the help i can get, even if its repeated means its good advice. Ill remove it and have a look tmorrow its dark now. Just got back from work with another shift of no light and decided id had enough :p

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Just over min wage, plus £1 per delivery, plus non existent tips.

Not great, but should see me through till I go back to Uni.

Anyway, as I said the switch is simple so you should be abl to either fix it or replace it easily.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just over min wage, plus £1 per delivery, plus non existent tips.

Not great, but should see me through till I go back to Uni.

Anyway, as I said the switch is simple so you should be abl to either fix it or replace it easily.
hey thats more then me min wage, and 80p per delivery and ditto on the tips.

hmm maybe your right with the down-with-the-hut thing :D

but back on toppic, ok well ill have a proper gander tomorrow when its nice and sunny (fat chance) and let you know how it goes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts