All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving a little 1.0 Corsa B, and during the first month I have nearly died several times. The EML is on.

The problem is when pulling away on a warm engine, the car will move forward very slightly and then start coughing and spluttering, whilst this is happening I am stuck in the middle of a junction and the car is just crawling and then suddenly excelerate.

I have taken it to a mechanic and they suggested and EGR sensor, but one with a pipe that goes into the manifold. I have been to the scrappy and there is not a single car there with a pipe from the EGR besides there was one on a 4 door 1.4 I think.

What is my problem?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
because its a 1.0

vauxhall can read them, as can anyone with op-com iirc.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
There's no quick fix until you've had the codes checked. Otherwise you're randomly replacing parts which is the most expensive way to solve the problem.

Give your exact location and if there's anyone on here near you with opcom maybe they'll check the codes for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's no quick fix until you've had the codes checked. Otherwise you're randomly replacing parts which is the most expensive way to solve the problem.

Give your exact location and if there's anyone on here near you with opcom maybe they'll check the codes for you.
The guy who suggested this says the Bosch garage is in response with Vauxhall and they have come back to us and told us to put an new EGR valve on the car, but one with a pipe into the manifold, but we can't seem to find a Corsa B 1.0 with a pipe from the EGR to the manifold.

Would an EGR cause this problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.