All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the music I played in my car sounded a bit weird, so I decided to take a look at the speakers. Removing the door pocket I found the large front speaker and it looked in good condition. Removing the trim from the inside door handle, I discovered that there was no small speaker! :O I checked the other side, and the same was true. There weren't speaker leads there either. Were some Corsas sold without this speaker? It's a 1998, 1.4 Swing.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you had the door looms from a more spec'd model it would be a straight swap of the loom and you'd have the wires for the tweeter's, if you got the corsa OE tweeters it would all be plug and play

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen some speaker brackets on ebay, for Corsa Bs, saying that they will allow non original speakers to fit in. I might buy a set of those and see if I can't work something out. :)
I am wondering if I could lead some wires from the bass speaker straight up the inside of the door and to the smaller speaker. Do you know? :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yeah that would work, I'm sure the standard loom doesn't run a seperate feed for the handle tweeters.
If you were to split the standard speaker feed into two positives and two negative you could run two speakers per door.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks. I've been looking under the trim and can't see where the speaker wires would come out, perhaps it will be visible when I get the door covering removed.
So the speakers should sit in parallel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
surprised they aren't there. Ive got a 96 1.2 Spin that had only had front door speakers fitted and not much else, even that had the wiring. I got the tweeters from the scrappy, the lead was tucked above the door handle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprised they aren't there. Ive got a 96 1.2 Spin that had only had front door speakers fitted and not much else, even that had the wiring. I got the tweeters from the scrappy, the lead was tucked above the door handle.
I removed the trim around the handle as well as the arm rest bit. I can't see anything resembling speaker leads. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried running some wire from where the top speaker should sit, to the bottom one and it's not that difficult. I am wondering what size the tweeters are? I've googled around and I find plenty of answers about the lower door speakers, but not the tweeters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.