All Corsa Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 666 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi there, did a project ages ago on my old corsa but it was rubbish... this is my new one and as you can see it's a 1.0 silver merit so pretty basic but it's cheap which is the main thing seeing as i'm a student and its only done 70k. will get it looking how i want and then maybe at the end of 2011 think about an engine conversion.

Done
INSIDE
- new tax disc holder
- fitted mfd
- new grab handle
- tailored mats
- blue mfd/heater controls led kit
- black richbrook doorpins
- full sport interior
- carpetted glovebox
- chrome vectra door handles
- titanium gearknob cap
- cc'd door handle surrounds
- remote control JVC headunit
- SRi steering wheel

OUTSIDE
- aero wipers
- de-wipered rear
- debadged rear
- lowered 60mm on spax shocks and springs
- tigra alloys wrapped in 195/45/15 toyos
- full sportex exhaust system with 3" tip and straight-through pipe
- tigra scuttle panel
- badgeless grille
- clear numberplate light lense
- HID headlights and sidelights
- heko wind deflectors
- mk4 Astra side repeaters
- euro rear lights
- colour-coded wing mirrors
- new plates
- GSi spoiler
- cc'd bootlock surround
- Depo's

MAINTENANCE/REPAIRS/ENGINE
- new battery
- new egr valve
- new crank sensor
- drilled standard air box
- new mass air flow meter

cheers. alex.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice looking Corsa there. Good base to start with but PLEASE dont drill the air box its not worth it and will make your car suck in hot air like a cone filter. Drilling holes in your air boxes can lead to the "air fuel" mixture changing beacuse hot air is thinner than cold air this will lead your car to run lumpy. My partner have owned a few Corsas and has always avoided drilling the air box because of this. if your mixture is up the wall this also could lead your car to drink more fuel and i guessing you being a student you dont want to put more fuel in than nessacery in your tank. Instead of drilling your box buy a good pannel filter from the likes of courtenay sport for around £35-£40 and you should see a difference and you can save your money in the long run. drilling holes in boxes is never a good cheap mod.
I hope you take this advice on board.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nice looking Corsa there. Good base to start with but PLEASE dont drill the air box its not worth it and will make your car suck in hot air like a cone filter. Drilling holes in your air boxes can lead to the "air fuel" mixture changing beacuse hot air is thinner than cold air this will lead your car to run lumpy. My partner have owned a few Corsas and has always avoided drilling the air box because of this. if your mixture is up the wall this also could lead your car to drink more fuel and i guessing you being a student you dont want to put more fuel in than nessacery in your tank. Instead of drilling your box buy a good pannel filter from the likes of courtenay sport for around £35-£40 and you should see a difference and you can save your money in the long run. drilling holes in boxes is never a good cheap mod.
I hope you take this advice on board.
Good luck
I never know what to believe when it comes to this, there's a whole thread in the tutorial section and half the people are saying it does no harm and the other half say it drinks petrol and you get flat spots

·
Banned
2,443 Posts
I never had a problem with a drilled airbox :) you drill it the side away from the engine and all is fine :) sounds really meaty too!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, looks like i've started an unintentional drilled air box debate... at the end of the day it's free and i just want the extra bit of noise without having to pay 100 squid for a k&n, if it fooks the engine up then i will get another air box for a pack of fruit pastilles... can't be that bad surely...

as for the "badgeless grille, smoked repeaters and flat wipers on the way (you have to get these, it's law)" comment, yes, it is against the law not to have any of these (every corsa i've ever seen has them all so i must be right?) ;)

a spoiler is a good idea yes though is way down my list of priorities and as for colour coded bumpers, i'm genuinely not too fussed on them.

Thanks for the comments guys, all tips/advice/criticisms welcome :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i'm bored and not collecting the car until tomorrow so thought i would put up a list of things i intend to do to it:

- fit badgeless grille
- fit flat wipers
- fit smoked side repeaters
- bee sting aerial
- punto wiper
- debadge rear
- ice blue headlights
- lower 60mm
- new alloys (something vauxhall)
- sport/sxi interior
- backbox
- spoiler
- tigra scuttle
- vectra interior handles
- wind deflectors
- tailored mats
- drill air box

as you can see, a pretty generic list of plans there... any thoughts welcome :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, all tips/advice/criticisms welcome :)
I wasnt giving you criticism at all just advice on what MAY HAPPEN if you drill your airbox that was all. I quite like the car looks in good nick. Airboxes isnt as cheap as you might think and K&Ns are crap on Corsas that why i said get a filter from Courtenay Sport for £30-40. In my experience The only time you will benifit for a K&N or a Piper Cross is on a big engine with a big engine bay like my old Vectra GSi and my partners current Astra GSi. I would never dream of Drilling my airbox on my Corsa GSi because of getting a "flat spot" and most Corsas are great on fuel. But its up to you at the end of the day to take that risk.
Anyway keep us updated on what you do.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wasnt giving you criticism at all just advice on what MAY HAPPEN if you drill your airbox that was all. I quite like the car looks in good nick. Airboxes isnt as cheap as you might think and K&Ns are crap on Corsas that why i said get a filter from Courtenay Sport for £30-40. In my experience The only time you will benifit for a K&N or a Piper Cross is on a big engine with a big engine bay like my old Vectra GSi and my partners current Astra GSi. I would never dream of Drilling my airbox on my Corsa GSi because of getting a "flat spot" and most Corsas are great on fuel. But its up to you at the end of the day to take that risk.
Anyway keep us updated on what you do.
lol, i know you weren't mate so no worries, you just surprised me at your level of depth in the post, ha. just found an air box in the shed from my old corsa so will give it a go and see what happens...

anyway, just got the car back home and it's in reasonable condition. drove sweetly with no issues and the bodywork is fine apart from a nasty rust patch on the passenger door and a slight bit around the rear wiper. stuck my flat wipers on and my badgless grille already. had 14" vaux rims on it but not sure what they are, will be changing them quickly though as the tyres are huge! will be going scrappy tomorrow to hopefully get me a punto wiper, vectra door handles and a tigra scuttle so fingers crossed.

there is a gap between my grille and the bumper now, had it on my last corsa when i changed the grille too. anyone else have this problem? sorry for the long post and thanks for reading, will get pics and another update done tomorrow :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
update time:

a little one anyway... just got me a punto wiper and some vectra handles down the scrappy for a bargain of £10 (so that's about £30 saved on ebay prices, lol) so may as well get a pic in for you:

i wanted a tigra scuttle too but they had 3 tigras there and all the scuttles were gone :(

fitted wiper:

fitted badgless grille and flat wipers:

haven't fitted the vectra handles or de-badged yet, those are jobs for tomorrow. it's amazing how such little differences and changes can really tidy a car up. appreciate your thoughts :)

1 - 20 of 666 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.