All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed the rear brake shoes on a 1999 corsa b. The near side adjuster keeps slipping loose and someone has said a domed star washer is an essential bit of kit with the adjuster arm. Does anyone know if this goes between the arm and the shoe, or between the arm and teh spring that holds it to the shoe, and is it fitted dome out or dome in?
Appreciate any help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Get some pics up, I recently did mine and may be able to pinpoint if something is missing.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers for that. Great pic, and it looks exactly the same as mine - nothing extra and nothing missing. I have bought new adjuster parts and will fit them tonight. The screen at the Vauxhall dealer indicated the washer went on the mounting post after the adjuster arm had been slipped on to it, which is contradicted by a thread on another forum that said the adjuster arm should sit on the washer.
No washers were there when I removed the old shoes, and yours looks to have the same bits as mine.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Theres a retaining washer on the back of the bit I have pointed out in the thumbnail. Not sure if you've checked that.
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Crankset

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know the one you refer to.
I fitted the new adjuster parts this evening and all works well. The domed star washer supplied fits on the post after the adjuster arm is placed on to it, and before the top spring arm is slipped in to the post. Too dark to take a photo by the time I had finished, but I will get the same parts for the off-side on Monday and will ensure I take a photo before refitting the drum. I'll post it for anyone to see what I am on about. Apparently, the washer helps prevent the adjuster arm creeping outwards, when it can have a tendency to slip down.
Thanks for posting again, Lee.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No probs, glad I could help :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry to have taken a bit longer than anticipated to try to post the pictures as promised. It appears I am unable to post attachments in posts. Haven't a clue why, so sorry guys. If anyone wants to see the set-up, PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Corsa rear brake shoes.

Thanks for the help that this thread has given me. I have just bought a Corsa for my wife and found that the brakes were a bit soft. The person I bought the car from said that the rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders had been replaced at their local garage. I had a look and found that there was no domed washer. I went to my local Vauxhall garage and got 2 domed washers for 28p and a copy of the drawing showing the parts. The domed washer definitely goes over the roll pin after the adjuster. That way it holds it in place. See attached drawing, items 15 and 16.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts