All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can help cos this has been going on for some time now and no one so far has been able to say whats wrong, not even the local Vauxhall dealership!!! No ones diagnostics machine will work on my car. I took my car to the dealership yesterday and they said they dont know whats wrong with it but think it might be the EGR valve and wanted £370+ to replace it. I went and bought one brand new myself and installed it this morning but has made no difference. The problem im having is my car is wanting to stall when i stop at junctions and roundabouts, but its not happening everytime and now and again its able to rescue itself but the car is drinking more fuel and the sparks only being a month old and done 50 ish miles are already jet black, the engine light does come on each time i start the engine, but only for a short while. I have tired cleaning the idle control valve and anything else i can get to with carbarettor cleaner, ive also tried disconnecting the plugs one by one to see if that makes any difference but to no avail. I have a corsa-B 1.4 16v X14XE. Please help!!

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Did you leave battery disconnected for a while this will clear the codes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery was disconnected while i installed the valve, should i disconnect it again to make sure or would that be pointless? If i should disconnect it again for how long do you recomment it remain disconnected?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Most people leave disconnected overnight, 3/4 hours should be enough though

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Lack of power could be AIR FLOW METER also, but dont go buying anything yet

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disconnecting the battery has made no difference, however i have forgotten to mention that the engine is sounding cattery if you know what i mean. If it is the air flow meter, how can i test it?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I said leave overnight...its been an hour..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh oops sorry, you said 3/4 hour should be enough though so i thought that would be fine. I shall disconnect it again then

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sorry mean 3/4 hours
try and leave overnight if possible

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found an enginious way to get my car to tell me whats wrong and the following has arrisen:-
61 - Fuel Tank Vent Valve-Low Voltage
18 - Knock Control Processor
35 - Idle Stepper Motor Poor or No Idle Speed Control
15 - Coolant Temperature Sensor-High Voltage
33 - Manifold Absolute Pressure-High Voltage

Could anyone tell me what this means, whats causing it and how to fix it please

·
Registered
967 Posts
I found an enginious way to get my car to tell me whats wrong and the following has arrisen:-
61 - Fuel Tank Vent Valve-Low Voltage
18 - Knock Control Processor
35 - Idle Stepper Motor Poor or No Idle Speed Control
15 - Coolant Temperature Sensor-High Voltage
33 - Manifold Absolute Pressure-High Voltage

Could anyone tell me what this means, whats causing it and how to fix it please
Fault codes.

Fuel tank sounds like its on its way out, its stalling because of lack of fuel (i think)
Knock control is your Knock sensor (needs a new one)
Idle control valve would explain rough running
coolent temp high voltage, cars running to hot or faulty sensor
and as for manifold pressure check your breethers are all connected and clear out all the hoses/fuel lines also try some redex in the fuel,

GL

·
Registered
543 Posts
might be an air leak or perhaps an internal oil leak. its you car drinking oil? also check the oils condition. check the oil breather pipes to see if they aren't blocked or perished and this can cause you car to stall.

has the car overheated or does it tend to want to overheat? plus whats the coolant content like?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey mate sorry to hear about your problems :( ive had the same its such a pain and i havent found the problem just but ive had several people say to me that it may have something to do with the idle control valve and carburetor as it lets through too much fuel and then the engine gets starved of fuel. If you get what im explaining :)
Hope that helps and if you do find the problem make sure you let us know haha :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hey mate sorry to hear about your problems :( ive had the same its such a pain and i havent found the problem just but ive had several people say to me that it may have something to do with the idle control valve and carburetor as it lets through too much fuel and then the engine gets starved of fuel. If you get what im explaining :)
Hope that helps and if you do find the problem make sure you let us know haha :thumbs_up:
he doesnt have a carburetor :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
right well heres the latest.
I went and got a throttle (as my one kept sticking), idle valve and MAP sensor from a breakers yard and a new coolant temperature sensor, started up the car (DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!).................and it still runs like s**t. The paper clip test on the diagnostics plug is still showing the same faults, however twice i got a klunk from the engine somewhere but it is able to hold its revs better. Im starting to worry that my ECU is on its way out or somin :-S. The oil appears to be fine, the coolant stands at just shy of 50/50. The airlines are all correct, as in not perrishing or leaking. Cheers for all the suggestions so far guys, its all a help in one form or another!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
i may be way off here but maybe your battery or alternator is fooked and sending sensors crazy.....???? you could try a mates battery and see if it changes

·
Registered
543 Posts
could try the throttle position sensor or lambda sensor. did the throttle body have unburnt oil present?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts